𝐀𝐃𝐀 & 𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐉𝐀𝐇 [9]

THIS PAST MONTH HAD BEEN EXHAUSTING

THIS PAST MONTH HAD BEEN EXHAUSTING. Spencer had sadly been on a lot of cases which meant Cordelia and I were on our own. I woke up to the little girl jumping on our bed, I laughed a little and glanced at her.

"Lia...be careful" I whispered before slowly sitting up.
"I miss Papa.." She frowned.
"I miss him too bug, so do the twins" I mumbled, patting my lap.

Cordelia curled up on my lap as I ran my hand through her hair, sighing. I soon heard my phone ring and I knew it was Spencer, I smiled as I answered the facetime call. I fixed the view so it was showing Cordelia and I.

"How are my girls?" Spencer asked.
"Papa come home!" Cordelia frowned, tears in her eyes.
"I want to sweetpea I do..." He frowned.
"Also you forgot to say hi to Ada and Elijah" Cordelia huffed.
"Oh my goodness I did" Spencer frowned again before speaking. "Hello little monkeys"
I smiled watching them before I spoke. "Hey there"
"Hey angel" Spencer winked.
I rolled my eyes playfully as I saw Cordelia get up and went to the kitchen to wait for me.
"Any estimated day for when you're coming home?" I asked.
"No angel I'm sorry.." He sighed.

I nodded and we talked for a few more minutes before he was called back to the station by Emily. I walked out to the kitchen and began to cook Cordelia and I breakfast. When I was done I plated the food and we quickly ate. Once we were done I helped Cordelia get ready for the day before I walked to Spencer and I's room and began to change. I put on one of Spencer's sweaters paired with a pair of my jeans. I inhaled quietly as I chewed on my inner cheek, I set my hand on the small bump that was almost barely there. Cordelia came over and looked up at me.

"Mommy?" She questioned.
"Hmm? What's up Lia?" I asked.
"Can we go shopping for the twins?" Cordelia asked.
"Yeah we can bub let me just put some shoes on." I smiled at how excited she was for the twins.

I pulled on my converse and grabbed my purse and car keys. I helped Cordelia into the car and buckled her up. I then buckled myself in as I began to drive towards the nearest Carter's baby clothing store. Once we got there I parked and we got out, rushing inside together. Cordelia's eyes widened at all the clothes, she clapped and rushed over to the girl section.

"Don't forget about your brother as well Lia!" I called out.
"I know mommy!" She called back.

We both rummaged through the clothes, smiles on our faces. I think we came out with over $100 worth of clothes. We stopped at Wendy's to get lunch, Cordelia wanted chicken nuggets while the twins and I wanted a cheeseburger. When we were done eating we went home and the door was unlocked, I vividly remember locking the door when we left. I inhaled as I opened the door. Only to see Spencer sitting on the couch.

"Spence! You can't do that!" I groaned.
"Sorry angel I forgot to text you and I fell asleep.." He yawned.
"It's okay you just scared the shit out of me" I grumbled.
He patted the seat next to me, I sat next to him and Cordelia sat on his lap. "Show me what you got"
"We went a little overboard.." I laughed picking up the bag of clothes.
"I can see that-" Spencer laughed.

Spencer looked through the clothes we got, every outfit he saw he fell deeper in love with these babies and it made me fall deeper in love with him. We all watched a movie together before we put Cordelia to bed. Once we were in bed Spencer laid his hands on my small bump, smiling a little.

"I can't wait to see what they look like" He whispered.
"I hope they have your nose" I smiled.
"I hope they have your eyes" He replied.

We went on saying what we hoped they had for about an hour before we passed out in each other's arms. In the middle of the night Cordelia crawled into bed with us, she wiggled her way in between us and she clung to us like her life depended on it. I could stay like this forever but I knew once the twins came life was gonna be hectic and crazy. I didn't want Lia to think we loved her any less because that wouldn't be the case, babies are a handful in general but two babies? That's two handfuls. I held her close, forcing myself to go back to sleep and trying to get my thoughts out of my head.

I didn't sleep well that night but I tried my best to work it out throughout the day. I got ready for the day and began to make breakfast for the three (five) of us. Soon after I was done Spencer and Cordelia woke up, walking to the kitchen. They smiled widely as they realized I was cooking, I looked at them and laughed a little, they always enjoyed my cooking. It was adorable how much they adored it. I plated the food and we all ate rather fast, faster than I wanna admit. When Cordelia was done eating she went to go play which gave Spencer and I some time to think about the twin's nursery. We went over various ideas not really knowing what we wanted to go with. I know we wanted one wall of the room to be a bookshelf like in Cordelia's room, but as for the rest we didn't really know. I guess we'll figure it out along the way, either way these babies are gonna have a cool ass room. I washed the dishes and hummed as I did so, Spencer cleaned up the living room and that was that. It was a rather relaxing day surprisingly.

Author's note: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I don't know if I wanna do a timeskip to when the twins are born or not but agh I dunno. This book isn't gonna be as long as my other ones I can tell you that much. <3