Chapter: 1

Pain was all that I could feel

Blood was all that I could taste.
Screams were all that I could hear.
Fire and smoke was all that I could see.

"Cressida!"

I heard my name but couldn't make out who it was. Shattered glass was stinging into my back and the smoke was choking me. My lungs were getting tighter and tighter and it felt like soon they would give up. My eyes were wet to such extent that the vision was far worse than blur. My whole body ached and my back was soon wet because of the blood and the sweat, and caused my sweat shirt to cling onto my back, erupting more pain stinginess.

Suddenly, I felt being carried up from the burning floor and I started to sway as my carrier was running. I could see a figure which felt like a man but the features were blurred. However, the sense of touch was a lot familiar.

"Cressida! Open your eyes! You'll be fine my little cupcake!"

The words ringed badly into my ears, like a drum. However, the voice instantly made me realize that it was my brother, Mike.

I couldn't keep my eyes open as they got heavier by every second and soon darkness completely drank me in.

***

My head was throbbing grievously while my back was sore. Actually, there was no part of my body which did not ache. I reluctantly opened my eyes and could hardly discern the room I was in. After a minute, which my eyes took to clear the vision, I noticed the surroundings before me. They were totally unfamiliar and one that people would only imagine in their dreams.

I was on a very comfy bed. The room was mammoth and the walls of the room were painted in dark charcoal grey paint which made the room fetching and spooky at the same time. Speaking of spooky, on the right side of the bed was a wall with three panels of windows, touching the floor. What made them noticeable was the haunting view from the outside. There were trees and trees and trees. Nothing else. The rest of the room was filled with normal things like the rug, black and white paintings at the head of the bed, vanilla scented long heightened candles which were lit and placed below the window, small heightened table with books piled up on each other rested beside the room's door and the beautifully designed lights on the ceiling.