Morning Beautiful

The next morning you were awoken by a mass announcement from Tony.

Due to recent developments, ALL Agents on the list below will test, both physical and academic, Monday morning for advanced placement.

Thank You
Tony Stark

He was moving the test up, does that mean the information they received was accurate and another alien invasion was happening?

You checked the list, finally finding your name. Feeling relived and anxious you checked your other messages but there was nothing from Bucky.

Hes fine

You threw your covers off. Deciding to throw yourself into passing this test. You would join an extra training session that morning and then use the study guide Bucky had left you.

You checked your phone again before leaving.

He's fine...

************************************

You got through training with ease. Thankful for the distraction. Back in your room the warm water felt good on your body, which still ached, but not from the training. You smiled to yourself as you wrapped a towel around you.

You changed your clothes and as you brushed your hair your heard your phone vibrate. You grabbed it and smiled as Bucky's name appeared on the screen.

Morning Doll, how are you?

Your heart leapt as you texted back.

Good afternoon Sargent Barnes,
I'm doing good. You?

Not great.

Your heart flopped.

What's wrong? Did
something happen?

You paced waiting for his response.

Yeah I'm in Russia
and my girl's back in New York. 😉

You smiled feeling the anxiety ease.

You're the worst Barnes!
I thought something
was really wrong.
😜

Something is really wrong doll.
I'm dying over here!!

You bit your lip at his cheekiness.

Glad to know your
okay, ice man.

Yeah, were okay,
so far nothing here.

Tony moved the test
to Monday. 🙁

Steve told me. Sorry I
can't be there but you'll do great!

Thanks

Got to get back.
Call you later.

You walked away smiling when your heard your phone vibrate again.

And don't call me iceman 😘

Damn you Barnes for being cute.
************************************
You spent the weekend with intense focus on the test. Bucky checked in with you daily which made it easier for you to keep your head in the game.

Monday morning came and you were dressed and up early. You had to be on the field at 5:30 a.m.

As you grabbed your water bottle your phone rang.

"Morning beautiful," Bucky said on the line. "Just wanted to wish you good luck. Even though I know you wont need it."

"Thanks Barnes," you say smiling

"Thanks Barnes," you say smiling. "Guess well celebrate when you get back."

"I have a few ideas in mind," he joked with a laugh.

Jesus, I need to focus

"Bucky Barnes!" You joked back.

He laughed louder. "That's not fair, you know my weakness when you say my name," he whined. "But I don't know yours."

Before you could answer you heard Steve calling in the background.

"I gotta go, you've got this (y/n)," he said. "See you when I get back."

"Bye," you responded.

As the line clicked dead you could only think one thing.

Bucky Barnes you are my weakness.