How the hell did this happen?

The cityscape glistened in the distance and the cool wind grazed your body on the back of Bucky's motorcycle.

You yelled directions to him over the sound of the motor. As he parked the bike you asked, "So what happened on the last date?" He shrugged off his helmet.

"The usual, made pop culture references I didn't get

"The usual, made pop culture references I didn't get. But I guess it was when she asked about me growing up. How do you explain growing up in the 1920s and 30s to someone born in 1998?" He paused.

"Then," he continued, "how do I explain  I was frozen off and on, tortured and became a murderer?" He said

"Then," he continued, "how do I explain  I was frozen off and on, tortured and became a murderer?" He said. "They either looked horrified or they want all the gory details of the Winter Soldier," he finished.

"Its a double edged sword, I'll admit. But what about how you helped save the world?" You say pointing out the obvious. "Or the fact that you speak multiple languages and yes you survived through trauma that others cannot begin to fathom and somehow you're still a good man." 

He blushed a little. "I guess I didn't. I just kind of said everything and then froze up."

"Ice man, you always dwell on the negative. I can't begin to understand what you went through. No one can," You began.

"You're never going to find someone that can relate to you on that," you continued. "But what you can find is someone who's going to take the time and patience to understand. But you've got me now so I'll help sort out the impatient ones and the wierdos"

"Dont call me ice man," he said with a half smiled and followed you toward the club.

"You don't have to word vomit your entire history on the first date. Bring it down a notch, dates are supposed to be fun, not an interrogation. Find what you're comfortable with and keep working the whole mystery man thing."

"Mystery man thing?" He asked.

"Oh come on. Don't play dumb with me," You accuse him.

He still looked puzzled. "You're James Buchanan Barnes. You've lived  through a century.  You're tall, dark and handsome. Girls eat that shit up," You say animated with honesty as you enter the club. "You also have a metal arm and are known danger."