She's Fine

Your head throbbed steadily as your body shook. The dim lights above you blurred as you tried to open your eyes.

The yellow stained walls passed swiftly beside you as you tried to lean up on the gurney

"Polozhi yeye s ostal'nymi," you heard above you.

Put her with the rest.

"Nam nuzhno poluchit' to, chto my mozhem, i dvigat'sya, prezhde chem nas snova atakuyut," the man yelled.

Your Russian was a little rusty but you could understand that they were moving out before another attack.

I'm still at the compound.

Leaning over the gurney you saw a few dead agents sprawled along the floor along with others. The.rest of your team laid lifeless on the floor, bullet wounds in the back of thier heads.

Coward! He can't kill anything he actually has to face.

You tried to concentrate, seeing Adams wild smile cross your memory before his gun knocked you out.

Your hand touched the knot on your head which stung.

Asshole.

You had to suppress the urge to scream so as to not draw attention to yourself. You had to start thinking quicky, planning an escape.

You glimpsed around. You would have to wait until you're outside the compound. That's your best chance for escape.

Until then Breathe, focus, breathe, focus

Your heart sank as you thought about your fellow agents on the ground. Then the realization hit you causing a pit in the bottom of your stomach.

Adam would report us dead in the field.

My name would be on the list!

Bucky..., you though feeling a sting in your eyes.

You let the tears slide down your cheek as you held in your screams.

Bucky, I'm not deadI'm not dead************************************"Where's (y/n)?" Bucky asked approaching Sam in the hangar

Bucky, I'm not dead
I'm not dead
************************************
"Where's (y/n)?" Bucky asked approaching Sam in the hangar.

"I don't know," Sam responded. "I don't remember seeing her board this one, let me check" he grabbed his phone nearby. "Maybe she boarded another jet. I don't have a her checked in here."

Bucky shook his head and walking back out. His felt his breathing deepen and the sound of his heart beating started to get louder. He fisted and unfisted his hands. Do whatever he could  to stop the creeping feeling of dread upon him.

She's fine, he assured himself.

Back inside he found Steve talking with Tony in the conference room.

"What's wrong," Steve asked seeing the concern on Bucky's face.

"I can't find (y/n)," he sighed. "Did she board with you?" Bucky asked.

"No I don't think so," Steve responded looking at Tony. He checked his phone to see what agents checked in on his jet.

Bucky tapped his foot waiting for Steve's response. He shook his head. "She's not listed on mine," he said.

Bucky swallowed hard,  not wanting to ask the next question. The silence in the room was heavy. "Is she on the list?" Bucky murmured. 

Tony sighed as he pulled up a list in his phone. The list which labeled those who were injured or fallen in the field.

Bucky held his breath waiting to hear Tony's answer. He turned away putting his shaking hands through in his hair.

He looked out the door watching the lower agents make thier way back into the compound still in uniform, when he saw Adam.

"What the hell is he doing here!?" Bucky asked furiously.

"He probably got put on to cover the agents who haven't been cleared for the field yet," Steve responded

Bucky swallowed the lump in his throat.

She's fine. She's fine, She's fine

"Bucky," Tony whispered. Bucky spun around seeing Tony eyes darken as he looked down at the list.

No, she isn't.

His knees buckled. "She can't be," Bucky's voice cracked as he fell forward catching himself on the table.

"I'm sorry," Tony whispered grabbing him with Steve.

"No!" he yelled. "She's fine, she's fine," his voice breaking and he continued to shake.

She's fine.....
She's fine.......
She's fine.........
She's fine............