The Egg Hunt

Today was the day of the Egg Hunt, I was pretty excited. Apparently, Abigail has won every previous year, and I want to beat her sooooooo bad. Plus, considering it was Sam, I would probably beat him too. I woke Elizabeth up and told her today was the egg hunt.
"I have a feeling you're gonna be over-competitive," Elizabeth yawned.
"Well, yeah," I replied, "What else would you expect from me?"
"I would expect you to give me a little more time to sleep!" She exclaimed.
"The festival starts at 9:00! It's literally 8:30!" I snapped.
"Fiiiiiiiiiiine," Elizabeth complained, "I'll get up."
"Good," I huffed as I walked out of the room. I needed to get ready as well. The usual will do. A flannel, band tshirt, and some shorts. I walked downstairs and grabbed some eggs from the fridge and made breakfast. I ate within a couple minutes, just as Elizabeth was coming downstairs in a pastel dress.
"Y'know, you ought to wear something other than band tshirts and doc martens," she said.
"No," I refused, "you ought to wear something other than pastel."
"Ugh," she replied. "I'll meet you in town in a few, you go on ahead."
"Okay," I said as I opened the door, "See ya when I win!"
I walked to town at a fast pace. Once I was there, I walked straight to my friends, Sebastian, Abigail, and...Sam.
"Hey you guys!" I smiled.
"Well, somebody's looking a little cheerier than usual," Sebastian chucked.
"I'm just excited to beat everyone in the egg hunt," I replied.
"Oh you think your gonna win?!" Abigail scoffed, "I've won every single year since I was five."
"Hate to say it, Y/N, but I think Abs is probably going to win," Sam said.
"Stop calling me Abs!" Abigail yelled, Sam just laughed.
"Anyway, I'm going to enter the egg hunt too!" Sam exclaimed, "I might not beat Abigail, but I'll definitely beat Y/N."
"HEY!" I snapped, "And to think, I thought of you as a friend."
"Okay, okay, I'm sorry I'll take it back," Sam said, scratching is neck.
"I'm kidding, Sam!" I teased,
"Oh thank god," Sam sighed with relief, "Do you guys wanna go get food?"
"I'm down," Sebastian replied.
"Same here," Abigail said. I agreed. The four of us walked toward the buffet tables to grab some food (all egg themed, of course) and sat down at a nearby table. Sam started scarfing down food, almost as if he was starving, and so did I.
"Woah, you two," Abigail laughed, "Slow down!"
"Sorry," We both said between mouthfuls of food. Abigail and Sebastian laughed.
"It's almost as if you two are the same person," Abigail chuckled.
"We are not!" Sam and I exclaimed, again, at the same time. Abigail smiled.
"Alright everyone," Mayor Lewis announced, "Time to start the egg hunt! You will have exactly one minute to grab as many eggs as you can."
"Awwww yeah!" I exclaimed, "Watch me beat you all,"
"Oh your on!" Abigail snarled.
"I'll see you guys on the winner's podium!" Sam smirked.
There were a few others, Maru, Sam's little brother, Vincent, and Jas.
"Ready, set, go!" Mayor Lewis said.
We all dashed off across town looking for eggs. There were two eggs behind Pierre's, one by a bench that I grabbed right before Sam did.
"Hey!" He yelled, "That was mine!"
"Too baaaaad!" I teased as I ran off.
There were two more around Alex's yard, and one in Mayor Lewis's. I had six eggs, and 30 seconds left. I found one near the saloon, and one by the bridge. There were also two by Sam's house and Haley's house. One more by a lamppost, making me have eleven eggs.
"Aaaaaand, time!" Mayor Lewis announced as we all headed back to town square, "Let's count the eggs!" We handed the Mayor our eggs, and waited until he came back with the results.
"Alright, in third place, Sam!" The Mayor exclaimed. Same walked up, slightly disappointed from the look on his face, and grabbed his medal.
"In second, Abigail!" Abigail was surprised and also disappointed as she grabbed hers.
"In first...Y/N!" Mayor Lewis exclaimed. Everyone cheered as I walked up to take my medal. I smirked at Abigail who huffed and looked the other way. I did the same to Sam, and he smiled back up at me, optimistic as usual.
"That concludes the Egg Festival!" Mayor Lewis announced, "Have a great day, everyone!" Everyone started to walk off.
"Oh, and," Mayor Lewis started, everyone was confused, "Whoever stole the community center key, please return it to me as soon as possible." Sam and I exchanged looks. Crap. We forgot to put the key back. It was still in the pocket of his sweatshirt, which was in my room. Everyone walked away, Abigail and Sebastian parted ways with us, leaving Sam and I to figure things out.
"Holy shit, what are we gonna do?" I whispered, scared that we were going to get in HUGE trouble.
"I dunno, Y/N," Sam muttered, "I can take the fall if you want,"
"No," I refused, "I'm gonna take it. I don't care if I have to do community service."
"How about we just do it together," Sam offered, "Then if we have to do community service, we can do it together, and it will most likely be involving the community center anyway."
"Good idea, skater boy," I said, "Wait here, I'll go get the key."
So I went to get his sweatshirt, and sure enough, the key was inside. I jogged back to town square, where Sam was patiently waiting.
"Alright, let's go to Lewis's house," Sam said.
We knocked on his door and the Mayor opened it.
"Let me guess," he answered, "You two stole the key?"
"We're sorry sir," Sam started as he gave the key back.
"Yeah," I agreed.
"Well you two know the consequences," Mayor Lewis sighed, "But considering that Y/N is still new to the town I'll let it slide."
"Thank you, sir. It won't happen again," Sam muttered, scratching his neck. I nodded.
"Now, you two have a good night," Mayor Lewis sighed as he closed the door.
"Guess I'll see you tomorrow then?" I asked.
"Yup, see you then," Sam said, "Goodnight Y/N."
I need some sleep.

Sam:❤️❤️🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤