Floating Jellyfish

A/N: Soo about publishing new chapters, ill probably publish one chapter once a month at the longest because of my motivation levels. I plan to finish the story, it just might be a while.
-Author

The dance of the moonlight jellies is today. Apparently it's one of the most beautiful events that happens over the course of the year, according to Liz at least.
"Y/N!!!" Liz yelled from downstairs, "I OFFERED TO HELP SET UP THE FESTIVAL AND YOU'RE COMING WITH!"
"Fineeeee," I yawned, "I'll be down in a few!"
I tossed on a random t-shirt and pair of shorts from my closet, and sluggishly made my way down the stairs.
"We're helping out with the decorations today Y/N, I'm going to head out and I'll meet you there, okay?" Liz said.
"Alright, sounds good," I replied, "I'll be there in a few." I poured myself a coffee and watched birds fly out of the window for a minute. I then noticed a familiar blue sweatshirt sitting on one of our chairs. It was the sweatshirt that Sam gave to me after we restored the community center. It still kind of smelled like him, a soft mix of vanilla and smoke. I wrapped the sweatshirt around my waist, and headed out to meet Lizzie at the beach.   When i got there, Mayor Lewis beckoned me over. "Ah, Y/N! I'm glad that you showed up to help!" he exclaimed, "do you want to help set up the lights?"
"Sure, Mayor Lewis," I said as I grabbed handfuls of LED candles. I set up the the candles on floating discs and ran over to the dock to drop them in the water. I lined them up along the dock, and one by one, dropped them into the salty ocean below. Liz had finished setting up the snack tables around the same time, so the two of us said goodbye Mayor Lewis as we walked back to the farm.
" I have to feed the animals. Can you grab me something from Pierre's for lunch Y/N?" Liz asked.
"Yeah, I will," I replied, "You want anything?"
"Just grab one of those premade sandwiches for me. Heres 20g, buy yourself something while you're there," she said.
"Alright, thanks. I'll see you in a few," I waved her off as I walked into Pierre's.
"Ah, Y/N! So nice to see you!" Pierre exclaimed from behind the counter, "What'll it be today?"
"Just some sandwiches, thanks. I know where they are," I said.
"Alright then," He replied. I walked over to the shelf where the premade food is, and grabbed two turkey sandwiches. As I go to pay, someone taps me from behind. I turn to see Abigail beaming at me with Sebastian by her side.
"Hey Y/N! You excited for tonight?" Abigail asked gleefully.
"Yeah, I am. You are in an unusually happy mood today, what happened?" I asked.
"Well we-" Sebastian started as Abigail cut him off.
"SEBASTIAN AND I ARE DATING!" Abigail screamed.
"Abigail, honey, keep it down," Pierre said from behind the counter.
"Yeah, heh," Sebastian smiled, "Apparently we've both liked each other for a while, so we made it official this morning."
"Oh. My. God. FINALLY!" I exclaimed, "So I wasn't crazy for thinking you two were going to date eventually!" They both chuckled.
"Speaking of dates, whose sweatshirt is currently around your waist, could it be...Sam's?" Abigail slyly asked.
"Hmmm...it's almost as if you two were a couple?" Sebastian snickered.
"No, we aren't," I rolled my eyes.
"But yet you have free front row tickets to our concert next week, courtesy of Sam, aaaand you are currently wearing his sweatshirt?" Sebastian pressed.
"Okay! Fine! I like the guy! There, you happy?" I exclaimed.
"No shit Y/N," Abigail said, "It's really obvious."
"Luckily, you like a dude equally as oblivious." Sebastian added.
"What do you mean by that?" I narrowed my eyes.
"Absolutely nothing, Y/N. Now, if you'll excuse us. Seb and I will be going now." Abigail said, elbowing Sebastian.
"Ah, yes, we have to go," Sebastian added. They walked out of the store leaving me extremely confused. I payed for my food and ran back to the farm. As I opened the screen door, I kind of had an epiphany. I actually had a crush on Sam. The idiot that, albeit accidentally, ran into me on his skateboard the first day. The guy who lended me his sweatshirt when I was cold. The guy whose chest I fell asleep on the first day of summer. The guy who helped me play the BEST prank of all time on the governor. The guy who taught me how to play guitar. The guy who made maple bars with me for the bake sale. The guy who danced with me during the flower dance. We've made all of these memories together, and I buried the fact that I've been wishing that we were a couple. That we could do stuff like this without it being awkward. With that, I set down the food, even though it was almost time for dinner, and went to my room to think on my sudden realization. And with that, I fell asleep, and didn't wake up until it was time to go to the festival. Liz and I walked to the beach to watch the sunset beforehand. People started to pour out on the beach and then the dock. "I like your sweatshirt, Y/N. It looks very familiar, where did you happen to get it?" Sam suddenly said.
"You know exactly where," I winked, "Sit down with me."
"Beautiful view tonight, isn't it?" Sam said, "Although I can see some stuff that's even more beautiful."
"You're so corny dude," I sighed.
"Who said I was talking about you?" he asked.
"Now listen here you little shi-"
"Shh," Sam said, "Save it for a later date, babe. We have a some jellyfish to watch." I blushed at that.
"Oooh, someone's a little flustered." Sam teased. "I'll make you a deal. You put on my sweatshirt and let me put my arm around you, and I won't annoy the crap out of you."
"That's unfair on your end, but whatever." I said. I then did as he said.
"Wow, I didn't know you were that obedient," Sam laughed.
"You said you would stop you little liar," I pointed out.
"I'm joking!" Sam exclaimed, throwing up his hands as if he was trying to say "I'm innocent!"
"I'm guessing you heard about Abigail and Seb?" I asked.
"Yeah I did," Sam replied, "Good on them for finally getting down to business, it's been a long time coming." I laughed. The sun had set, and our first jellyfish were starting to appear.
"Ooh!" Sam exclaimed, "Look at that green one! And that other one's a baby!"
"You are such a child, you know that?" I chuckled.
"I'm actually quite proud of my childlike, immature tendencies. It means I'm not boring," Sam poked.
"Just shut up and watch the jellyfish," I said. Throughout our conversation, I was trying so hard to keep my cool. Though it's hard when the guy you like has his arm around you.
"You excited for your concert tomorrow?" I asked.
"Of course I am!" Sam exclaimed, "Especially since you'll be in the front row watching." I laughed.
"I'm coming out to support friends of mine, of course I'd be in the front row. Although you did pay for the tickets."
"I did, didn't I?" Sam said, "Well, you don't have to pay me back, consider it an act of friendship."
"Will do, Skater Boy," I smiled.
"I still don't understand why you call me that," Sam sighed.
"It's a commemoration of when we met," I replied, "Of course, you remember running into me with your skateboard don't you?"
"It was an accident!" Sam exclaimed.
"Yeah I know, just teasing," I chuckled, "I overreacted, but I'm glad I let it go because now I have an amazing friend." Sam smiled and scratched his neck. We sat at the end of the dock for some time until Sam finally broke the awkward silence.
"So, you still thinkin' about eventually dating anyone around here?" Sam asked.
"What are you implying?" I replied.
"Y'know, you aren't supposed to answer a question with a question," Sam said, "And I'm not implying anything."
"Yeah I know," I replied, "And maybe eventually."
"Well, it's all about the right person, right?" He asked, the tiredness in his voice growing by the minute.
"Of course, Sam," I replied, "Did you get enough sleep? It's only 10:45."
"No, Y/N, I didn't," he yawned. "I might crash here if you're not careful."
"I don't care if you fall asleep, just enjoy the party and this last day of summer while you're still awake," I said.
"You're amazing, you know that?" Sam whispered.
"Yeah I know, it's apart of my charm," I replied. He laughed at that. And with that, the last jellyfish floated its way across the dock.
"The jellyfish are gone, Sam," I said, "Now, let's get you to bed."
"Mkay, Y/N," he yawned. We walked back to his place, and I made sure the first thing he did was get to bed.
"I'll get you a glass of water. You better stay in that bed," I said.
"You sound like my mom," Sam sighed.
"Yeah, yeah, whatever Sam," I sighed as I ran the tap and filled up a glass. I walked back into his room and brushed the hair off his face.
"Goodnight, you idiot," I said.
"Goodnight, Y/N," Sam yawned, "Thanks for this."
"Of course," I replied, "Now, you better go to sleep. You have a big day tomorrow."
"I will," He said. I softly shut the door, hyperventilated for a minute, then walked back to my own bed on the farm.

Sam:❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️