The Bake Sale

(SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT I HAD TERRIBLE WRITERS BLOCK - author)

I walked over to Pierre's to pick up sone seeds for Liz when I saw that there was a poster promoting a bake sale. The poster was made by Penny, and the proceeds would go to a charity. Hmm, sounds interesting, but who would do it with me? If I know Abigail or Seb, they would be doing it together, and I don't actually like anyone else, soooooo that leaves Sam. Damn, out of everyone, but hopefully nothing will go wrong.
Y/N: hey Sam

Sam: yooooo what's up

Y/N: did u hear abt the bake sale?

Sam: yeah

Y/N: do u wanna do it together

Sam: sure! Wanna meet up at around noon?

Y/N: sounds good cya then

Sam POV:
Wow, they were actually asking me to hang out. Damn, they are so cute, but so out of reach. I hope maybe someday, that they will share the same feelings that I do for them. I love them so much, but they obviously don't feel the same way. Maybe today when we hang out, I can tell them how I felt, maybe in a song. I ran over to my desk, ripped out a piece of paper, and started writing. (Just pretend that Try Hard by 5sos doesn't exist - author)

They're so out reach,
And I'm finding it hard 'cause they
Make me feel, make me feel
That I try, that I try,
Like I'm trying too hard again.

Huh, that's I'll I could write, I don't know a lot yet about them. I'll come back to it later. Maybe I'll be able to perform this in front of them. I stuffed the paper in my desk, Y/N would be coming soon...

Y/N's POV:

I walked over to Sam's house and knocked on the door. I was greeted by Sam, who invited me in.
"Thanks for coming Y/N!" Sam exclaimed, "What did you have in mind for our dessert?"
"Hmmm, what do you think we should do?" I asked.
"Maybe we can make maple bars? There one of my favorites," he replied.
"Ooooh, I like that idea. I'll pull up a recipe on my phone,"
"Alright, what do we need?" Sam asked.
"Hmm," I said, reading off of the website, "For the dough, yeast, hot water, white sugar, salt, baking powder, flour, shortening, egg yolks, and vanilla. The icing, powdered sugar, corn syrup, salt, vanilla, maple extract, and hot water." I showed him the measurements.
"Okay, sounds good!" Sam exclaimed as he surfed the counters, cabinets, and fridge. A few moments later he brought out the ingredients and we got to work. Sam started to incorporate the ingredients to make the dough, as I made the frosting.
"Did you put in the baking powder?" I asked.
"SHIT! I put in baking soda!" Sam yelled.
"Language, Sam!" His mom called from the other room.
"Sorry mom!" He replied. I sighed.
"You can be a huge dumbass sometimes, y'know, Sam?" I teased.
"Haha very funny," He rolled his eyes at me and scratched his neck, "I'll remake the dough, okay?"
"Okay, the frosting's ready, by the way," I said.
"Yeah, I can tell," he laughed, "You have some on your nose," I blushed as he wiped it off with his finger and licked it, "Mmmm, Y/N you make good maple frosting!"
"Hey!" I exclaimed, "Don't do that you weirdo!"
"What do you mean? It's just frosting!" He laughed again as he scratched his neck. The batter was remade, and we put them in the oven. We headed back to his room to talk.
"So, anything interesting about you that I don't know yet?" Sam smirked.
"Well, I dropped out of college, so I could move here, I dated a drummer before moving, and I have a tattoo of a rose on my waist," I replied, "I don't really like it, but I don't have enough money to get rid of it, so I just keep in covered."
"Oooooh, can I see it?" He asked with curiosity.
"No you pervert!" I exclaimed, "How am I supposed to know that you wouldn't try to do something inappropriate?!"
"Oh come on," Sam sighed, "I won't violate someone like that, I just want to see it."
"Alright, I'm trusting you," I said as I showed I'm the tattoo of the small red rose. He traced it with his finger.
"Woah, cool!" He exclaimed, "Why don't you go check on the maple bars?"
"Alright," I replied as I walked out of his door.

Sam's POV:
I added three new lines to the song:

They're dropping out of school 'cause she don't need the grades

They've got a rose tattoo, but she keeps it covered,
I play guitar, but they're into drummers

Y/N's POV:

"Sam!" I yelled, "The maple bars are burning!" I scrambled to get the burnt bars out of the oven. He ran out and grabbed the burning tray from me.
"Good thing we have more batter," he laughed. I chuckled at that.
"Your fault, skater boy," I smirked.
"Hey!" Sam exclaimed.
We spent the rest of the afternoon remaking the bars, and we presented them at the bake sale and they sold out! Guess we weren't that bad of a team after all.

Sam's POV:

Our maple bars sold out. We made a great team, and I truly am glad that we got to do that together. They are so cute, and they've got a great personality. We also share the same interests. We were perfect for each other, but the only question is, when will they see that?

Sam:❤️❤️❤️🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤