Chapter 12

It was finally time for the Sports Festival. All classes were dressed in their PE uniforms. Gunvolt was an exception as he was asked to participate. Midnight took to the stage in her hero suit, causing some discomfort to some of the students.

Kirishima: Is it okay for her to wear that? Is that really school appropriate?

Mineta: (thumbs up) This is awesome!

As player representative, Bakugo made his way to the stage to give his speech.

Katsuki: I just want to say... I'm going to win and all you losers better stay out of my way!

This angered a lot of people in the other classes.

(First Event: Obstacle Race)

Present Mic: Ready... G-

The screen announced Gunvolt as the winner. Through a recording, GV bolted with full speed during the explaination. By the time Midnight was finished explaining, Gunvolt already made it to first place with a new record.

The audience was jaw dropped and cheered. Nezu watched and looked as if something was wrong.

Nezu: His powers have gone far beyond their limits. I only hoped that history doesn't repeat itself.

(Second Event: Calvary Battle)

Izuku went solo and won many headbands. His tormentors were throwing a tantrum as they was bested yet again.

(Third Event: Battle Tournament)

After a little cheerleading fanservice from the girls of Class 1-A, thanks to Kaminari, it was time for the matches.

Present Mic: First match, we have Shinso Hitoshi vs Gunvolt!

The two made their way to the arena. The crowd erupted with excitement, but some had something else to say.

Hero #6: Why is he here?!

Hero #3: Get out of here, you monster!

Hero #9: Go to jail!

Aizawa was pissed off and grabs the mic.

Aizawwa: He has every right to be here! You're supposed to be supportive even to those like him. If you have a problem then get lost!

After that the battle begins with Shinso asking a question.

Shinso: So you're the infamous Gunvolt?

Gunvolt: ...

Shinso: I wonder if you deserve to a family seeing how you kill people? Maybe even-

Gunvolt: Is that really your strategy?

Shinso's eyes widened as his Quirk didn't work on him. For Gunvolt already knew how it worked from the very beginning.

Gunvolt: So you still think just because everyone says that your Quirk is more like a villain that you should act like one.

Shinso: Can you blame me for trying?

Gunvolt: Not really. But remember what I said, Quirks alone don't make people villains. It's the choices you make that make you one. What people call monsters, are those who can't control them. Yet there are those out there who become villains due to what life done to them.

Shinso: At least you got to experience it.

Gunvolt: I did... One incident involving a man, who stole some money from a casino. He had no ill attention, he was only needed the money for his younger sister, who was suffering from heart cancer. A hero stepped in and stopped him, but instead of listening to reason, he beat him senselessly with fans cheering him on. I stepped in and helped the man while fighting the hero. It was later revealed that the hero was secretly making deals in the black market. Drugs, kidnapping, murder, etc.

The crowd and his opponent were shocked to hear such actions. A hero doing all of that behind society's eyes.

Gunvolt: Don't let appearance fool you. Not all are what they are nor should you believe the words of those around you. I'll only ask once... Will you continue to act like a villain everyone says you are or will you prove your worth?

Shinso clenched his fists and gets into a fighting stance as did the man who teached him the lesson.

Midnight: Gunvolt Wins!!

The crowd cheers as Gunvolt helped his opponent up on his feet. The two shook hands shortly after.

Shinso: Let's fight in the future.

Gunvolt: Look forward to it.

The two parted ways with the next matches continuing soon after.

~***~

Katsuki: I thought you killed the bastard!

Ochako: I thought I did, but he knew that I was there this whole time.

Katsuka: It didn't work, so we must try something else.

Izumi: I got an idea.

Ochako went into the room and made some tea with a purple powder mixed into it.