10. An eyeball

LOCATION: UNDERGROUND

Doctor Selvig is working on a machine as some scientists walk over with some parts he needs "Put it over there." He is grinning like a mad man, he walks over to Barton "Where did you find all these people?" "SHIELD has no shortage of enemies, Doctor." She holds up her tablet with 'Iridium' and a man displayed on the screen "Is this the stuff you need?" The Doctor glances at it "Yeah, iridium. It's found in meteorites. It forms anti-protons. It's very hard to get hold of." "Especially if SHIELD knows you need it." "Well, I didn't know." Lavina approaches the pair and Selvig notices her "Hey! This is wonderful! The tesseract has shown me so much. It's more than knowledge. It's truth." Lavina smiles "I know. It, uh… it touches everyone differently." 

She drops her smile and looks to Barton "What did it show you, Agent Barton?" Barton turns to face her, a serious look on her face "My next target." Selvig laughs "Stick-in-the-mud. She's got no soul." Barton glares at the Doctor, who continues "No wonder you chose this tomb to work in." Barton talks back with a little force in her voice "Well, the Radisson doesn't have three levels of lead-lined flooring between SHIELD and that cube." Selvig reluctantly nods and turns back to the tesseract. Lavina speaks again "I see why Fury chose you to guard it." Barton turns to face Lavina "You're gonna have to contend with her, Ma'am." 

She starts walking and Lavina turns to walk with her "As long as she's in the air, I can't pin her down. And she'll be putting together a team." "Are they a threat?" "To each other, more than likely. But if Fury can get them on track, and she might, they could throw some noise our way." "You admire Fury." "She's got a clear line of sight." "Is that why you failed to kill her?" Barton quickly stops walking, Lavina walks past her, Barton straightens up her posture "It might be." Lavina slows her pace to a stop, but keeps her back turned as Barton continues "I was disoriented. And I'm not at my best with a gun." 

Lavina slowly turns, with a finger raised in the air "I want to know everything you can tell me about this team of hers. I would-" She starts pacing a little "-test their mettle. I am weary of scuttling in shadow." She stops walking and looks up at their ceiling "I mean to rule this world." Then looks pointedly at Barton "Not burrow in it." Barton points out "It's a risk." And Lavina smiles deviously "Oh, yes." Barton has an idea in mind "If you're set on making yourself known, could be useful." Lavina slowly walks closer to Barton "Tell me what you need." Barton's eyes dart to a pile of cases with weapons beside her, she walks over to them and opens one of the cases, revealing her bow folded up "I need a distraction." She takes out the bow and unfolds it with a flick of her risk, the parts locking into place. She looks over her shoulder and locks eyes with Lavina "And an eyeball."