23. I'm with you until the end of the line

LOCATION: SHIELD HQ

Pierce watches the destruction out of the window "What a waste." Nian responds "So, you still on the fence about Rogers' chances?" "Time to go, Councilman. This way, come on." He motions for Nian to start walking "You're going to fly me out of here." Fury speaks up before they can leave the room "You know, there was a time I would've taken a bullet for you." "You already did. You will again when it's useful." Nian secretly pulls out one of his electric discs and electrocutes himself, Pierce goes to press the button on his phone, but Fury shoots him. And then again. Fury gets down on a knee, beside Nian, who's unconscious "Romanoff. Nian. Nian! Come on!" He slowly opens his eyes "Ow. Those really do sting." With Pierce's dying breath he says "Hail HYDRA."

As the helicarriers continue to fire at each other, two of them crash into each other and down into the water below. Stacey and the Winter Soldier are in the one surviving, but severely damaged helicarrier, descending towards Headquarters. Stacey has made her way down to the Soldier, who looks scared as Captain America approaches her. 

Tasia finds Hill and Candice together, she lays Lavina down and Candice runs over "What happened?" "I am not sure. I need to get back up there and get Stacey." Hill shakes her head "You can't, you'll get crushed up there!" "I have to try." Candice takes her hand "We need to get out of here. We can't carry Lavina in all that armour." Tasia nods and picks Lavina back up, the three hurry out of the building, which is practically empty by this point.

Suzanne and Rumlow are still fighting hand to hand, Suzanne holding up very well against him. Rumlow throws her aside "You're out of your depth, kid." Suzanne sees the last helicarrier rapidly approaching the window behind Rumlow, and runs. Rumlow turns and sees it, he starts running too "Son of a bitch!" As Suzanne runs, she shouts into her earpiece "Please tell me you got that chopper in the air!" Nian replies "Suzie, where are you?" "41st floor! Northwest corner!" "We're on it! Stay where you are!" "Not an option!" Suzanne runs the whole way through the floor, then is forced to throw herself through a window, smashing it in the process. Fury and Nian are a good few floors below Suzanne, they tilt to the side and Suzanne falls in, Nian quickly grabs her before they lose her and Fury levels them out "41ST FLOOR! 41ST!" Fury calls back "It's not like they put the floor numbers on the outside of the building." Nian talks into her radio "Hill! Where's Stacey? You got a location on her?" 

On the helicarrier, Stacey is trying to pull the part of the helicarrier off the Soldier and the Soldier is pushing up from underneath. As soon as she is able to, she crawls out and Stacey drops it back down. They're both panting and Stacey takes the chance to talk to her "You know me." "No, I don't!" The Soldier punches Stacey in the face "Anna. You've known me your whole life." The Soldier backhands her round the face "Your name is Johanna Beverly Barnes." "SHUT UP!" The Soldier throws another punch. Stacey releases her shield "I'm not gonna fight you." Her shield falls through a gap in the floor "You're one of my soulmates." Anna yells as she charges at Stacey, forcing her onto her back, straddling her "You're my mission." The Soldier punches Stacey in the face, repeatedly and shouts "You're my mission!" She's breathing heavy and goes to swing again when Stacey says "Then finish it. Because I'm with you until the end of the line." The Soldier's eyes widen and she slowly lowers her hand. The floor below them falls, Stacey falls down with it, the Soldier watches as she falls. 

Tasia lays Lavina in Hill's car, then flies after the helicarrier, which is flying quite low above the ocean. The Soldier dives in after Stacey and pulls her out, she drags her to the shore. Tasia searches for Stacey, but can't find her, but as soon as she sees a glint of metal on a shore, she flies towards it. Tasia sees the Soldier standing over Stacey, looking down at her, Tasia lands and the Soldier stares at her a moment, watching to see what the oddly-dressed girl will do. Tasia drops her hammer and looks to Stacey, she wants to check on her, but isn't sure what they woman with the metal arm will do if she tries. After a moment, the Soldier turns and slowly walks away, Tasia takes the opportunity to kneel down beside Stacey and stroke some of her wet hair from her face "I have Stacey, she doesn't look well. But I am sure that she is alive. She was saved." Tasia looks over at the Soldier, who stops walking at the sentence, she hesitates, deciding not to look behind or even go back. She decides to keep walking.

LOCATION: HOSPITAL

Tasia had taken Stacey to the others, who had said she needs to go to hospital, so Suzanne, Fury and Hill went with her to the hospital, while Tasia, Lavina, Nian and Candice went home. When they got to Avengers Tower it was hugs all round and Regina quickly assessed the still-unconscious Lavina, trying to figure out what she can do to help her recover. Nian and Candice went to their floors to shower, promising Regina that she can look at their wounds later. Tasia informs them that Stacey has been taken to hospital, because she is in really bad condition. Lavina is taken to the infirmary, where Regina monitors her, while Ashley shows Tasia to her floor so she can shower and rest, then herself heading to the infirmary to watch Lavina.

As soon as Stacey is admitted, she is taken away to be sorted out, so Hill drives Suzanne to her place so she can shower and change her clothes. As soon as Suzanne is done, she heads straight back to the hospital to wait for Stacey to wake up. Stacey wakes up to some music Suzanne has put in "On your left." Suzanne smiles.