Episode 2 : Scene 2- Student Council President

[Setting: Library]

Ken Sudō: Did you call me incompetent?

Suzune Horikita: Yes. If you can't solve a single simultaneous equation, I shudder to think of where you'll end up in the future.

[Ken Sudō intimidates Suzune Horikita by dragging her ribbon.]

"I am sorry, Suzune

"I am sorry, Suzune."  Sudou said while bowing his head.

"No, it was my fault too. You don't have to apologize." Horikita replied.

Kikyō Kushida: Sudō-kun!

Ken Sudō: Who needs these stupid problems? Studying is pointless, anyway. If I want a good future, I'm better off playing basketball to prepare for my pro career than sticking my nose in some book!

Suzune Horikita: Oh? How childish. Do you dream to be a professional basketball player? Do you really think the world will grant a dream like that so easily? Someone so lacking in commitment and dedication can never become a professional.

Ken Sudō: I skipped club for this crap. Damn waste of my time.

Kanji Ike: I'm out, too. Horikita-san might be smart, but I can't hang with someone who talks down to me.

Haruki Yamauchi: Same!

Suzune Horikita: If you don't mind being expelled, do as you wish.

[The three idiots walk out.]

"Hey! That's rude!"

Ike and Sudou said simultaneously.

"Well that's how everyone used to refer to to you three." Shinohara said to them.

"Ha ?"

"Is that true Ayanokouji ?" Sudou asked me with a pleading look in his eyes.

However I cut all of their hope ruthlessly.

"Yes."

"Nooo!!"

They both fell to ground dejectedly.

Students started laughing after seeing this.

Kiyotaka Ayanokōji (Monologue): I left it to you, and this is how it turned out? Kushida ...

Kikyō Kushida: Horikita-san, no one's going to study with you if you act this way.

Suzune Horikita: Yes, I can see that I was mistaken. I realized now that I was wasting my time on a fruitless endeavour.

Kikyō Kushida: You mean...

Suzune Horikita: I mean that if they're going to hold us back, they should drop out as soon as possible.