"Just pretend to be my date!"

It's a sunny spring day, more and more flowers are slowly but surely starting to bloom and it's even warm enough to finally abandon the winter clothes and opt for something lighter. Much to your delight. Winter is always rough on you and now that everything is starting to be colorful again, you're in a way better mood. 
Okay, maybe it was also due to the fact that you are about to finally see Jihyun again.

You've developed quite the crush on him, even if you are dead set on not letting him know anytime soon, considering that you are sure he only sees you as a good friend. And you are not willing to risk ruining everything. 
That doesn't mean you're not absolutely thrilled to meet him today, though. He'd been gone for a while, selling his paintings and going to some exhibitions he was invited to and now you two decided that it's about time you catch up, not only over the phone. 

After checking your appearance once again in the mirror, fixing your hair a bit and adjusting your [f/c] dress, before you make sure that everything important is securely in your purse. 
There's no need to be nervous, you think to yourself, as you take a deep breath. It's not the first time we're spending time together. Alone... It'll be fine! 
Before your brain can come up with irrational anxiety, you quickly leave your house and make your way to the coffee shop, you've both agreed on picking as your meeting spot. 

The closer you get, the more giddy you begin to feel. Even if it's only been two weeks, you always love to spend time with him, whenever possible. 
Although the moment you spot him, it's like your heart stops beating for a moment, only to start racing the next. He looks way too handsome... It's a rather casual look, but he makes it work so perfectly. With the dark blue jeans and a simple, white button-down shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. 

Then you notice that he's actually holding two cups of coffee and it hits you. That sweetheart of a man got you a drink. You quickly have to shake your head to get rid of the upcoming thought that it starts to feel an awful lot like a date. 
Get it together! You're just friends!, you scold yourself inwardly. 

But as soon as he notices you, and smiles at you so brightly, your heart feels like it's about ready to jump right out of your chest. Though he gets you back into reality, when he hands you one of the coffee cups and then pulls you into a tight embrace with his now free arm. 
"It's so good to see you again... It feels like an eternity since the last time we met, doesn't it?", he says excitedly and it's like only then he's realizing that he's still hugging you. 

As soon as he takes a step back, you already miss his warmth. 
"It surely does. Oh! And thanks for the coffee. You really didn't have to get me one... Though I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long?" 
"I know, but I wanted to, so... And actually, uh, I got here a bit too early", Jihyun admits with a sheepish smile and rubs the back of his neck. 
A nervous habit that you find way too endearing on him. 

You two take off towards the park for a stroll and he begins to tell you about everything he's seen on his trip and the people he got to meet. And honestly, you could probably listen to him for hours, without ever getting bored. Partially because you love his voice in general. 
He's just about to ask you about what you've been up to in that time, when you abruptly stop and pretty much stare straight ahead. 

"Oh no...", you mutter under your breath. 
"What's wrong?"
The worry in his voice nearly makes you feel bad, because honestly, it's probably not even that dramatic. But the last thing you expected was to bump into your aunt and cousin. And half of your family seem to have recently found enormous pleasure in asking you the ever annoying questions of "Did you finally find someone?" and "When can we expect you to start dating? You're not getting any younger!" 

"Hey, Y/N?" 
You snapped out of it again and turned your head to look up at him, and the way his turquoise eyes are filled with concern for you makes you feel a pang of guilt. 
"A-ah! It's nothing really. Just uhm..." Oh god, could you really ask that of him? It could make things become super weird afterwards, but you really aren't in the mood for more nagging from your family. 

As soon as you see that your aunt and cousin come towards you, waving, you quickly turn to the artist and instinctively hold on to his sleeve. 
"Just pretend to be my date! Please? My family is the worst about me still being single and I don't want them to drag down the mood today, so-"
Jihyun's quiet laugh cuts you off in your rambling and you feel your cheeks flush in embarrassment. 
"Deep breaths. I've got you." 
You nearly choke with the way he winks at you. 

Shortly before your family members reach you, he takes your hand and intertwines your fingers like it's the most normal thing in the world and as if you've already done that countless times before. 
The light squeeze he gives your hand is reassuring and you take a deep breath, before you quickly put on a smile. 

"Heeey, auntie!" 
You don't manage to get another word in, before your aunt already grins widely at you two. 
"Oh my, is this a date? Why didn't you tell us anything about it?" 
Because you all tend to be way too nosy, you think. 
"It was a spontaneous idea", Jihyun answers for you and you smile gratefully up at him. 
Man, you really owe him big time for helping you out in that very much awkward situation. 

"Yeah, he just came back from a business trip and asked if I wanted to go for a walk, so..." 
Your cheeks flush once again, even brighter than they did before, when he suddenly lets go of your hand, to instead wrap his arm around your waist and pull you close into his side. And the way he presses a kiss to your temple afterwards nearly has you melting into a puddle on the spot.
This is bad. How is your heart supposed to recover and not fall even more for him after he's been so sweet? 

"How could I not ask, when I've missed my love so much?", he nearly whispers and the affection he holds in his voice leaves you questioning whether it's real, something you try not to dwell on too much, or if he's just a really good actor. If so, he could seriously rival Zen. 
For a moment you bury your face on his shoulder in an attempt to cover up just how flustered his actions leave you, but the way he rubs your back gently and almost soothingly doesn't make it easier for you to pull yourself together. 

You're only able to lift your head again, when you hear your cousin chuckle. "
"You guys are adorable... Alright mom. Time for us to go and let the love birds continue the date. But! I want to know all the details later!" 
Rolling your eyes at her antics, you still have to smile and wave as you watch how she pulls your aunt along. 

"That wasn't all too bad. They seemed nice", Jihyun laughs as soon as those two are out of earshot. That earns him a huff from you. 
"Only because they were behaving, today. They can be the worst." 
It takes a moment for you two realize that you're still practically squished into his side, but unlike with the hug earlier, he doesn't seem to plan on letting go any time soon. Instead, it's his turn to look a little lost in his thoughts. 

"Jihyun? You still with me?" Chuckling quietly, even if you're sure that at this point your face is probably as red as a tomato from the close proximity, you poke his cheek lightly, in order to get his attention. 
"Mhm? I was just thinking... What if we turn this into a proper date?" 

Now that's the last thing you expected and for a couple seconds your brain shuts down completely. Though thankfully you come back to your senses rather quickly. Because the last thing you want him to think is that you're opposed to the idea when in reality it's quite the opposite. 
"I'd love to go on a date with you!" 
His entire face lights up at your answer and you swear you're falling even deeper for him then and there. It's just unfair to be so cute and attractive at the same time... 
"Perfect~ There's a nice restaurant that opened recently. How about we go there?" 
"Sounds good to me. Lead the way", you hum and beam up at him. 

With his arm still wrapped around you, you two make your way towards the restaurant, talking and laughing all the way. It's relaxed and even if your heart is still racing, you actually enjoy the feeling.
Maybe you had to thank your aunt and cousin for showing up in the park. After all they are kind of the reason things progressed like that with Jihyun. 
But right now you're just indescribably happy that he seems to be feeling the same way towards you.