c h a p t e r n i n e

* I got the inspo for this case from the movie Catch Me If You Can. *

Spencer spent the night at your house after confessing his feelings for you

Spencer spent the night at your house after confessing his feelings for you. You felt like you were on Cloud 9, you were so happy, you couldn't explain the feeling. 

He insisted on sleeping on your couch, but you dragged him back to your room, claiming that the couch would get too uncomfortable during the night. Like a little puppy, he listened and laid down on the left side. You always slept on the right, you don't know why, but it seemed to always be colder than the other side. 

Spencer and you have agreed that if there was going to be an intimate relationship between you guys, you would keep it quiet. The idea sounds absurd when you think about it because you work with a group of profilers, but you wanted this a secret before anything serious happens. 

You wanted to be more comfortable around him and he felt the same way. Nothing will be announced, until the both of you were confident about it. 

You woke up to Spencer shifting in the bed, trying to shut off the loud noise of his phone ringing. He stretched out his arms from underneath you, grabbing his phone and answering it. 

"This is Dr. Spencer Reid. " he groaned, his voice still raspy. 

The earliness of this call made you want to punch the person on the other end.

"Yes, Hotch. I'll be there." he said.

"What was that about?" you gulped, taking that previous statement back. 

He didn't answer you, but countdown from three. "Three...Two...One."

You laughed when your phone started ringing on your nightstand. "Agent Y/N Y/L/N." you answered, rubbing your eyes with the palm of your hand. 

"Y/L/N, we have a new case. It's local, no need for a go-bag. Be here by 8 o'clock." your boss declared.

"I'll be there." you yawned, ending the call.

You took the pillow from under your head and screamed into it. You hated the early mornings that came with this job. You were impressed how Hotch could always be there and not let it affect him. Obviously, you were wrong because you could see the lines on his face from the lack of of sleep. Well everybody on the team had it, and now you're going to look just like them.

Spencer lifted the pillow from your face and threw it on the the floor, peppering you with kisses. Since you met him, which was like a month ago, you were always surprised by his affection that he gave others. You always thought that he kept to himself and didn't show any physical touch, yet here you are in his arms. 

He starts sliding down his hands to your lower belly, centimeters away from your waistband, rubbing patterns on your skin. 

"Slow down cowboy!" you exclaim, moving his hands to your waist. "We haven't had our first date yet."