c h a p t e r e l e v e n

You're now pulling up to your parents' house, one of many that they own. The one that you were about to walk into was the one you spent your whole entire childhood in. After finishing high school, you never thought about coming back here, especially back to Virginia. 

You hated Virginia, it was bland and the people were boring. You loved Boston, the weather was amazing, mostly in the fall where all the trees would turn red and orange. The feeling of living in downtown Boston excited you and you missed it a lot, but after your interview with the FBI, you immediately got transferred to Quantico. 

You weren't necessarily eager to move back, but you just didn't want the life you had in Massachusetts to vanish. It was the beginning of your adult life, even though it was hectic, you still loved it. Maybe having a change of scenery is good for you right now and you have the best people to experience it with. Your family and the team. Them both being the same thing. 

"Good evening, Samuel. How's you day?" you greeted the security guard, standing outside the gates. 

"Evening, Madam Y/L/N. It's been good, long time no see." he replied back, grinning at you.

"Ughh, how many times do I have to tell you this? Call me Y/N. " you said, punching him lightly on the chest. 

"Have a good rest of your evening, Miss Y/N." he chuckled, opening the tall metal door for you.

Taking the path through the front garden, you twist your keys in the lock, opening the door. You're greeted by your childhood dog, Finn, a golden retriever. She jumped right at you, making you lose balance and fall to the floor. You earn the dominance and start rubbing her stomach, making her tongue stick out weirdly. 

You heard footsteps walk down the spiral stairs and you get up from the ground. Instantly, your mother takes you into her arms, squeezing your body tightly. Her perfume, jasmine and citrus, traveled up your nostrils, bringing back the nostalgia. She starts kissing your cheeks and pulls away, examining your face. 

"Hey, mommy!" you said, trying not to cry. You missed her now more than ever. 

"Hi, sweetheart." she replied, grabbing your hand, taking you to the living room. 

You guys start talking about random topics, mainly your job and how you like it so far. 20 minutes later, your father comes in and starts rambling about how being a director is a pain in the ass. 

You always admired how your parents were dedicated to their work and their career. They spent so much time, helping themselves achieve their higher status' at work, but still spend time taking care and raising you when you were a child.

You wanted your life to be exactly like theirs, be fully devoted to work and your personal life. And you were happy to say that you're on your way there.