(17)

3rd person view:
1st of September xxxx (15 years old)

Rintarou didn't have any contact with the twins, in his name, the past few days. Neither did he answer if ink appeared on his skin. He was still a little shocked that Osamu was his soulmate. Not that he was complaining about it, not a single bit, he just didn't think it would be possible. He was 100% sure that Osamu would be straight, well he doesn't think that anymore.

He was just sitting in his room when his cousin came in and sat down on the bed while he was sitting in the chair. Rintarou didn't notice that his cousin was sitting there so he didn't make any effort to say anything.

"Oi, Rintarou."

"Hm? What is it?"

"You've been quiet."

"Haven't."

"I'm not stupid. Even Motoya noticed."

"Obviously Motoya would notice something if you do. I'm closer to him than I am to you."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Y'know that I don't believe you, do you?"

"Yeah, your face pretty much says everything."

"Now tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing is wrong."

"Then what's bothering you?"

"Just that soulmate thing."

"Do you even know who your soulmate is?"

"I do, and that's exactly what's bothering me."

"Isn't it something nice knowing who your soulmate is?"

"Hm, I'm just shocked. I wouldn't have expected that."

"You gonna tell me who it is?"

"Osamu."

"Not surprising."

"Huh?!"

"Oh come on, you two have been awfully close."

"Not true."

"Yes true. You've already been close to him when you met them. Not hard to see that you get along greatly. It was obvious from the very start."

"Ugh, all this is killing me."

"Have you talked to him?"

"Ha, funny joke."

"Why not?"

"He doesn't know that it's me."

"If he uses his brain he could maybe come to the conclusion that it's you."

"And how?"

"I assume he told you his name?"

"I asked him but yeah he did."

"If he uses his brain he could notice that you've gone completely quiet ever since he told his soulmate his name."

"Hm."

"Just talk to him."

"I can't! That would be so awkward."

"Why would it be awkward? If he doesn't know that it's you then how is it awkward?"

"It just is."

"You don't make any sense."

"How many times have you told me that already?"