(21)

3rd person view:
12 of September xxxx (15 years old)

"We're soulmates Osamu."
~

Osamu's mind was going crazy. On one hand he was happy about it, but on the other hand he didn't quite believe it. He was just staring at Rintarou in disbelieve. Rintarou was just sitting there, fiddling his fingers. His regrets instantly kicking in when he saw Osamu's face. That Osamu would be happy about it didn't come to his mind in the slightest way.

Osamu continued trying to comprehend what he just heard. Rintarou didn't even dare to look at Osamu. Osamu was slowly but surely getting what just happened.

"Suna."

"Hm?"

"Are you being for real or is this a joke?"

"I-I wouldn't joke about something like that."

"Yeah, sorry. I just can't really believe it. It seems a little, well, unrealistic."

"What do you think how I felt? It wasn't even me who found out."

"Then who found out? Komori?"

"Actually yes."

"But how?"

"Well he asked me if I talked to my soulmate, then I said yes. And just like every family member would do he asked what I knew about my soulmate. When I told him what I knew he went 'you are an idiot how do you not notice who it is' on me."

"Was that before you asked me who I am?"

"Yeah, a few minutes actually. And after I asked you I didn't know what to do with that information and just distanced myself from you."

"I noticed that."

"Yeah, sorry 'bout that. I just can't really deal with stuff like that."

"Everyone would be shocked."

"This is so awkward."

"You started it."

"At least don't stand there like you aren't allowed to sit down or something."

"Well I don't know, you seem pretty uncomfortable."

"I'm not uncomfortable. It's just that it wasn't easy to tell you. And your face was screaming 'what the fuck'."
Osamu went to sit beside Rintarou and then flopped his upper body down.

"Huh?! That's not what I thought."

"Then what did you think?"

"I was surprised. And maybe happy..."

"Happy?"

"Let's not talk about that."

"No we're taking about that."

"Well then what did you think? Except for needing time to comprehend it."

"I- nothing?"

"Yeah, no. I don't believe you."

"It's the truth."

"You started the sentence with 'I', then you said 'nothing'. Simply said, you wanted to say it but didn't."

"Damn, stop being such a smart ass."

"Anytime to annoy you."

"How lovely."

"Always at my service."

"Oh my god stop it."

"What? Annoying you? Never."