Suspicious

"Sarge we've got eyes on the group of girls, they're looking suspicious so we'll stand by" hailey said into her radio as herself and jay were parked up outside of a bar at 6:30pm on a Friday evening. They sat in silence and discreetly watched the girls, they sat up straight when they saw a few men walking over to the girls, "you seeing this?" Jay said to hailey as he grabbed his radio. Hailey nodded and watched the interaction go down, "Sarge they've made transactions we gotta move in..." jay said into his radio as the older girls exchanged hands with the men. "Alright take em" Voight replied.

Hailey and jay jumped out of their cars just like the rest of the unit did, they ran over to the girls with their guns drawn, "Chicago PD, put your hands in the air!" Jay shouted as the girls stood there looking at them in shock. There were 8 girls, 7 of them looked around 20 ish but the one girl stood in the back who didn't take part in the transaction looked no older than 16 at a push. The girls surrendered painstakingly and raised their hands, the older girls sighed and didn't look too bothered but the youngest girl seemed scared. Hailey put cuffs on the youngest girl, she turned her head to look at hailey with fear in her eyes so Hailey turned to look at jay in confusion before putting her in the back of a car.

Jay and hailey were the only ones without a girl in the back of their car, "did you see how young she looked?" Hailey said in a shocked tone. Jay nodded his head, "yeah, she looked about 16, maybe even 15 under all that makeup" he sighed. Hailey agreed as she pulled up outside of the district, they hopped out and watched the rest of the unit take the girls upstairs into the interrogation rooms as they stood next to hank. They all sighed, they had caught a really long case; it involved a club moving some heavy product across the city and if they didn't bust it soon they would have dead bodies popping off everywhere. "Head on up" hank said while walking up to trudy at the front desk, hailey and jay nodded then left to go join the unit.

When they walked up the stairs they met the team who were waiting for them, "all of them have the insect logo on their arms, that's the club we're after. It's on the south side, a big place called club scorpion" Kim explained as hank walked up the stairs. She placed some pictures up onto the chalk board, "alright, take a run at them" hank said while walking into his office. They all nodded and took a room, they worked their way down and surprisingly the youngest girl was last on their list.

Adam and Kim took the oldest girl first, "we saw the drugs, you gonna tell us the supplier?" Adam said in an annoyed tone. The girl laughed, "no, now I want a lawyer" she huffed. Adam and Kim sighed then left the girl some. "No luck Sarge she's not gonna talk..." Kim said as she left the room.

Vanessa and Kevin took the next girl, "who's the supplier?" Kevin said in an impatient tone. The girl laughed, "I want my lawyer" she sighed. Vanessa looked at Kevin and rolled her eyes, they got up and left, "same with this one Sarge" Kevin sighed. The team worked their way down the girls until there were two left, the youngest one and another girl. Hailey and jay took the second to last girl.

"Who supplied the drugs?" Hailey sighed at the girl. "I ain't talking to you" the girl huffed. "I want a lawyer" she added. Jay shook his head, "how old are you?" He questioned. The girl rolled her eyes, "23, and the youngest girls 18 so don't go running to her for answers" the girl scoffed at him. Jay sighed and got up to leave with hailey, "no luck Sarge" they both looked tiredly at each other. Hank sighed, "alright so they've all lawyered up, you two take a run at the last girl she's our last option" hank said while pointing to jay and hailey. The partners nodded then walked into the youngest girls room.

Jay walked in first and saw the girl nervously fiddling with her dress, all of the girls had different shades of brown silk dresses on and this girls was the lightest. "I'm detective halstead and this is detective Upton, we're gonna ask you a few questions" he said while sitting down opposite her. She nodded and looked at the table while avoiding eye contact. "What's your name?" Hailey asked calmly. The young girl smiled slightly, "destiny" she said fearfully. Jay looked at hailey and frowned. "So one of the other girls told us you're 18, how comes you haven't lawyered up?" Jay said with his hands on the table. Destiny looked up to the detectives and smiled slightly, "I don't even know what lawyer does..." she said while looking down sadly. Jay shot hailey a confused look, "you're not 18 are you?" Hailey said while placing her elbows on the table. Destiny frowned and shook her head, "how old are you?" Jay said softly. Destiny looked up to him with a blank expression, "15" she said in a whisper. Jay shot hailey a shocked look, "sit tight destiny" hailey said while getting up with jay to leave.

The partners walked out and closed the door behind them, the team were waiting. "Sarge shes 15..." jay sighed. Hank looked taken aback, "well try get her to talk, just be nice with her" hank sighed. The partners frowned them nodded, they turned around and opened the door before walking in again. "We just have a few more questions for you okay?" Hailey smiled at the teenager sat in front of them. Destiny nodded and looked at the floor, "do you know anything about the drugs the other girls had?" Jay said while showing her a picture of the small dope bags, destiny looked at the pictures and looked disgusted, "no, no I don't know about it..." she said in a slightly worried tone. Hailey grabbed the young girls arm gently, "it's okay" she smiled at her which calmed her down. Destiny looked up at them as jay asked the next question, "what about your arm?" He smiled weakly at her. Destiny looked at the scorpion mark on her arm then pulled it off the table and hid it, "it's a club" she summed up. Hailey looked hopeful, "do you work there?" She said confused. Destiny screwed up her face and looked away from them, she nodded her head.

Jay shot hailey a worried glance, "am I in trouble?" Destiny said as her voice trailed off. "No, you're not" hailey smiled at her. Destiny nodded then looked to the floor as the partners got up and left. "Sarge she doesn't know anything and we have nothing on the kid..." jay sighed as the unit stood by them. They all looked down, "alright well take her home then" hank said before walking away from them all. The unit nodded as jay and hailey went to get the girl, "come on, you can go home" hailey said as she opened the door. Destiny hesitantly got up and walked over to the door, she followed hailey out to her car as jay walked behind her. He noticed a few bruises on the back of her neck and on her back where the dress revealed some of her skin so he furrowed his brows and tried to shake them off since she was a kid, she probably just fell or something.