New beginnings

The car pulled up outside of an apartment complex, "okay destiny, we're here" she smiled at the child before opening the door for her.  Destiny grabbed her back pack and put it on her back before jumping out of the car.  They both walked into the building and into the elevator, her heart was racing fast but she couldn't wait to start her new beginnings.  They stepped out of the elevator and made their way to the last door in the hall, the social worker knocked on the door and waited for jay to answer.

             Destiny turned around to look at the other doors and when she turned back around she saw jay stood in the doorway, her eyes grew wide with excitement and she immediately ran to him for a hug.  Her immediate reaction shocked them all, jay looked happy and pulled his new daughter into a hug.  "Hey you" he smiled at her as she pulled away.  "So destiny, I wish you the best from here on our!" her social worker said before turning and closing the door on her way out.  Destiny took some time to look at the living room, it was bigger than her whole house.  "Anything you want me to call you? You know like a nickname or anything..." jay said while taking her backpack from her.  Destiny smiled widely at him, "most people call me dez" she laughed and turned to hailey before running over to her for a hug.  She seemed so happy for what she had just been put through. 

                "How does pizza sound?" Jay said with a smile as she sat down on the couch.  Destiny looked at jay and nodded, "I haven't had pizza in like 2 years, no joke" she smiled widely.  Jay laughed, they had the same sense of humour.  They were going to get along just fine.  He had also called Will and told him to come over since he had some big news.

              There was a knock at the door after the trio spent 30 minutes talking, "that must be the pizza guy" jay smiled at destiny as he stood up and walked over to the door.  When he opened it he had a pleasant surprise when Will walked into his apartment, destiny turned to look at the door since she heard that it wasn't the pizza guy.  She froze when she saw a ginger haired man stood next to her dad.  Her eyes grew wide in fear since she didn't know him and jay picked up on it, "hey it's okay, this is my brother will. He's your uncle" he smiled while nudging wills arm.  Destiny immediately relaxed then smiled at Will, she waved at him then smiled at jay again.  "You have a daughter?!" Will said which made them all laugh.  Jay guided him over to the arm chair, "yeah, as of today this is my daughter. Destiny..." he smiled while sitting down next to her and hailey.

                Will smiled at her and shook her hand since she he didn't know her backstory, destiny scrunched up her face.  "What kind of a greeting is that?" She laughed before jumping up and pulling him into a hug.  Jay and hailey smiled at each other as they watched Will and destiny share a bear hug, almost like they'd met before.  "Pizzas here" jay said as he jumped up to answer the knock at the door.  Destiny sat back down on the couch in the middle, jay put the pizza boxes down on the coffee table and sat back down next to his daughter.  He didn't expect her to do anything since she had only met him a few times before this big step, but when he sat down she scooted closer to him for comfort.  Jay smiled at his brother then hailey, she seemed to be settling in just fine.  They talked and laughed all night, she never left jays side.  When it was time for the other two to leave they said their goodbyes and left the new family alone.  "So what do you want me to call you?" Destiny smiled at her new dad.  Jay shrugged his shoulders, "that's up to you, if you're not ready to call me dad yet then that's fine" he smiled at her.  She nodded and yawned, "let's head off to bed, its been a long day..." jay also yawned.

                They both made their way into the hallway, jay watched her jumping into bed to make sure she was safe and comfy, "you all good?" He said while switching off the light.  "All good" she confirmed.  Before he could close the door she spoke out, "night dad" she said nervously.  Jays heart melted at how much she trusted him already, "night dez" he smiled as he shut her door and went to bed himself.  He felt so happy that he just had to text hailey. 
Jay: "guess what..."
Hailey: "what..."
Jay: "she just called me dad..."
Hailey: "really?"
Jay: "yeah, I told her she didn't have to if she wasn't ready but then she just said 'night dad'"
Hailey: "that's great! Told you she'd love you"
Jay: "thanks hails, see you tomorrow"
Hailey: "you too"

              And with happiness in his heart he shut off his phone and fell asleep. Destiny done the same, she dozed right off to sleep.