Chapter 7

Sorry I didn't update yesterday. I was absolutely drowning in things I had to and pushed back finishing the chapter. I think going forward I'll update on Sundays to give myself a little more breathing room.

That said keep in mind this is completely unedited, so forgive me for any mistakes :)

I really like this chapter and I hope you will too! Let me know what you think.

–Laika

Saturday, October 10th

After the fight they get food as promised. It's even good food, too, much better than anything Nagisa normally eats.

The whole group now stands around the tables near the door, eating and discussing their plans. Nagisa isn't paying too much attention, his mind still somewhat occupied by their last fight. He had definitely not been expecting Karma to suddenly switch places like that, but to his surprise it worked really well. Karma had given him the perfect set up for a great assassination: the soldiers were caught completely off guard and for a moment, neither of them could react, almost like the stun clap in a way.

Actually, now that Nagisa thinks about it they'd used something similar to it when they retook their mountain to get to Koro Sensei for the final time.

He pauses for a moment, distracted by a particularly loud laugh from farther down the table, before pushing on with his thoughts.

The last time Karma had kept a more experienced soldier occupied while Nagisa swept in from above and stunned him, but this took it a step further. He hadn't even needed to use the stun clap. If they could perfect this switching in and out thing...

Nagisa shakes his head, bringing his attention back to the conversation at the table.

"Ideally Nagisa and Karma would be able to knock him out cleanly." Karasuma is saying. "If they can lower his guard then a blow to the head should do it."

People nod along the table. "Is it worth looking into sleeping gas?" asks a charismatic looking operative.

"Unfortunately that isn't a feasible solution." Eliot interjects. "It's too slow acting and the target will be able to smell it a mile away."

"On that note remember to avoid bringing anything with a strong smell. We're lucky that the target's sense of smell will be stifled by perfume and food, otherwise we couldn't even be within five blocks of the event location without him noticing us." Karasuma says. "Here's what–"

Before he can finish his sentence the door to the room opens and an annoyed female voice enters the room, preceding its owner. "Honestly, what are they thinking? I'm supposed to be an assassin, a field operative, not an information gatherer or a leader."

Into the room walks liquid attraction. High heels, an attention seeking outfit, perfectly done makeup, and brilliantly flashing aqua eyes framed with golden blonde hair. Irina's face is mildly annoyed and incredulous, but it does nothing to detract from her beauty.

She barely spares a glance for the room before marching over to where Karasuma stands at the table. When she gets there her eyes alight on Karma and Nagisa.

"Oh, hello brats." She says in an unimpressed, but not unfriendly voice. "I didn't see you. How have you been and all that."

Then she turns to Karasuma.

"And you!" She points an annoyed finger at him. "You know I'm seducing other men for this, right? Shouldn't you be at least a bit little bothered that your wife is flirting with other men?"