7 | length of time

Ava's pov

Ava's pov

"Are you okay?" i turned my head over at Brian who kept periodically looking over at me.

"Yes and no." he chuckled to himself, earning an eye roll from yours truly.

"Can i ask why you keep looking at me like that?"

"Just trying to see the resemblance to you, Dom and Mia. You have the Dom attitude and the same facial structure as Mia." He nodded his head.

"Oh." I raise my brow.

"So tell me Ava? Why are you like never around? Cause ive been hanging with the Torettos for a few years now and i barely just met you." he looked at me once again, glancing at the road periodically.

"Just not that close with them. No biggie." i shrug.

"I can tell."

"And how did you meet my family?" I glanced back at him. His bright blue eyes stayed glued on me. I swear if he crashes the car then i'm calling an uber.

"Well that's a long story." He chuckled then he finally looked at the road again.

"Then never mind i don't wanna know." i leaned back into my seat and looked out the window.

"So i used to be an undercover cop and i was about to bust Dom and the rest for stealing moneys worth of electronics. But then i started getting closer to the gang and i realized i didn't to throw them under the bus. So i let them get away with it. Oh and i lost my job."

"I love how you told me anyways." i laugh sarcastically.

"Don't act like you weren't invested in the story." He smirked to himself as he looked the other way.

"Uhh i actually wasn't. But what made you not want to rat my brother out?"

"I thought you weren't invested?" Brian teased.

"Never mind." i roll my eyes.

"I'm just playing with you." he chuckled loudly.

I ignored him.

"I loved how the crew treated each other like family. They had each other's backs. No matter what. And i knew that i couldn't break it up. In fact all i ever wanted was to have something like they had. And now i do. They're my family." he got all serious and sappy.

"Awww... they should just turn this into a movie." i said sarcastically. Which now made Brian roll his eyes at me.

I laughed to myself. "Turn here." then he stopped in front of my house.

Before i could tell him to wait in the car he turned his car off and hopped out.

"Ok then." i mutter to myself as i got out. Then he followed me to my doorstep.

"If it's messy then ignore it. My boyfriend had his friends over and they probably didn't clean up after themselves." i let out a deep sigh. I was in fact right.

There was nachos, empty soda and beer cans everywhere. Also two empty pizza boxes. Oh and the cherry on top, a single pepperoni stuck to the wall by the tv. I assume someone wasn't happy with the football game?

"Wow. You're boyfriend let them do this?" Brian questioned as i started cleaning up the coffee table.

"Yeah i guess so." i pouted as i tossed the paper plates in the trash.

"I would never leave the place looking like this. I was raised better than that. Can't believe some people aren't." He shook his head.

"You'd be surprised." i laughed to myself. "Okay i'll be back. i'm going to shower and change." i ran into my room as fast as i could.

I just grabbed some clothes and hopped in the shower. I felt icky.

Once i was done i made my way back to the living room where Brian was sitting patiently.

"You took your sweet damn time." he jumped up from the couch and reached for his keys. Meanwhile i grabbed my purse and followed him out the door.

"Where should we eat?" he asked immediately after we got in the car.

"Ummm tacos?"

"Oh thank god. I thought you were going to be one of those girls who can't decide." he sighed in relief as he started driving off.

"Oh trust me i know what i want." i smiled.

—sweeteasaint