10 | fix a time

Ava's pov

Ava's pov

"This made my whole night worth it." i wiped my hands with a napkin and put it on the empty plate that once had tacos on it.

"You only came for the tacos?" Brian questioned as i nodded in response.

"Well i sure didn't come because i'm a street racing fanatic." i pointed out and he just nodded.

"Would you ever come to a race again?" he asked while taking a drink of his soda.

"Yes. As long as i don't get incarcerated." i flashed a smile at guy in front of me.

"Don't worry. They wouldn't mistaken you as racer... at least not in that white Mercedes Benz." he teased.

"Leave my car alone. She's been through it." we both laughed.

I can't believe i'm about to say it. We were having a good time together. 

"It's midnight. I should probably take you back to your car now." he suggested and i just nodded.

We left a tip on the table and just headed back to his car.

The car ride was silent but it wasn't in a negative way. It seemed very calming.

He pulled up next to my parked car on the side of the street. The same street where the race took place. Now it was completely silent.

"Thank you for the ride." i opened the car door.

"Wait! Ava?" he spoke out of nowhere.

"Yeah?" i turn my head towards him.

"I was wondering if i could maybe get your number or something?" he shrugged. I could tell he was getting tense just by asking.

I just laughed to myself as i put my hand out for him to give me his phone. Once he did then i put in my number and handed it to him.

"One request: please never drunk call me." I teased.

"Same goes for you." he smirked.

"You don't have to worry about that." i reassure him as i hop out the car.

"I'll see you around, Ava." he waved. "Drive safe."

A week later

"Diane! You're back!" I forced a smile as i watched my boss exit out of her Rolls Royce.

"Did you miss me?" she cheered as she gave me a quick hug.

"Of course!" i hugged back.

"Liar. But okay!" she smiled happily as she practically shoved her Birkin into my chest.

"My arm is tired. Carry it to my room." she let out a heavy sigh.

"I sure missed you." i muttered to myself as i carried her bag and luggage's upstairs.

"Javi! Can you take me upstairs?"

"Javi?" i turned to see a man carry my boss into the mansion and up the stairs to her bedroom.

No way she took her New York hook up home.

I laughed as i started unpacking her luggage.

Then once i finished with that, Diane sent me a text with a list of things to do.

Top thing on the list was to buy chocolate covered strawberries from her favorite dessert shop.

I hopped into my car and made my way there. Keep in mind it's like 30 minutes away.

Out of nowhere my phone started blowing up profusely.

"God damn, Diane!" i mutter as i reached for my phone, simultaneously looking up at the road. (DONT TEXT AND DRIVE! IT CAN WAIT😤😤)

It turned out to be from Brian.

What the hell.

It's been a long time since i heard from him. The last time we hung out was a week ago. The night of the race and the tacos.

I forgot i even gave him my number.

Once i arrived at the dessert shop I quickly responded.

Brian: hey! it's been a while.
when are u free?

Ava: not sure! my boss
has me super busy

Brian: okay well let
me know

Ava:  okay

I couldn't help but smile at the thought of him wanting to hang out.

—sweeteasaint

hey kings & queens