Chapter 30

Percy had the same nightmare for the next few days, he was getting nervous now, he should probably talk to Luke about it. 

So, he decided to tell him that night.

'Hey love' Luke greeted with a cheeky grin.

'Put the kids to sleep?' Percy asked.

'Yup!' Luke grinned.

'I love you' Percy smiled and pecked Luke's cheek making Luke smile widely.

'I love you too' he replied. 

'Luke, I--' Percy was interrupted by screams from Charlie's and Zoe's room.

They both immediately got up and went to check the commotion.

In the room, stood a dark, cloaked figure, the cloak was hiding her face so they couldn't see who it was.

'Hello,' the cloaked figure spoke. Her voice was sounded female.

'Who are you?' Percy demanded.

'I am Skiá, primordial of shadows, nightmares, and... Bad endings' she said eyeing Percy as if trying to communicate silently with him. Percy seemed to get it.

'Luke, take the kids, get out of here' Percy ordered.

'What?! No! I'm not leaving you here!' Luke shouted.

'JUST GO!'

Luke looked at Percy one last time before grabbing Zoe and Charlie and getting out.

But the kids didn't want to go quietly 'Papa! No!' Charlie screamed trying to escape Luke's grip. Zoe was crying.

Percy took a deep breath and turned to Skiá, 'what do you want?' He asked.

Skiá smirked and looked at him

'You know what I want'

Percy took out riptide from his pocket and uncapped it revealing the bronze blade.

'Then you'll have to fight and get it' he said boldly.
******

'Stay here! I will go and help you father, don't go anywhere okay? and don't do anything stupid' Luke said before entering the house again.

Zoe and Charlie stood there as the house got surrounded by black flames. 

So they did the only they could.

They prayed. 

They prayed for their parents. 

They prayed to every god that their Papa taught them about. 

They prayed that they will get out of this alive.

But sometimes prayers aren't heard.

*******

Luke dodged the fire and ran inside the house and made his way to the room where he left Percy. Inside, Percy and Skiá were fighting sword against sword.

Luke grabbed his dagger from his pocket and went to help Percy. 

'What about the kids?!' Percy shouted to Luke over the commotion not slowing down his attacks. 

'They are safe' Luke replied dodging a blow.

They continued to attack the evil goddess continuously until Luke finally disarmed her. 

Skiá smirked and Percy's eyes widened. 

This scene was exactly like the one in his nightmare, and if he was right, she was now going to pull out a dagger and stab Luke. 

Time slowed as Percy saw Skia pull out the dagger and go for Luke, but Percy immediately pushed him away.

Pain flared through Percy's body as the dagger made contact with his skin.

'PERCY!' Luke's voice had sounded so distant. Percy fell to the ground and Skia disappeared into shadows satisfied with herself, and time went back to normal

'Percy!' Luke cried holding his husband in his arms. 

'Luke... I'm sorry' 

'No, no don't say that you will not die' Luke said tears streaming down his face. He knew that there is very little chance that Percy would make it through this. He knows a deep wound when he sees it. 

'Luke, please, the kids, take care of the kids' Percy said holding Luke's hand.

Luke choked a sob and nodded.

'I love you' 

'I love you too'

Luke slowly brought Percy into a hug careful not to hurt him. Tears streamed down his face. 

'Have I ever told you how much I loved the way I fit right into your arms' Percy asked. 

A tear rolled down his cheek.

He had to do it.

'No...' Luke replied giving a small smile.

And they stayed in each other's arms... but not for long. 

I'm not even going to say anything. 

Just that I'm sorry.

And I love you💜