Chapter 3: The Shinning Beacon Part 2

Ruby and Jaune enter Beacon Academy's giant auditorium, filled to the brim with people. Ruby looks over when she hears Yang's voice.

Yangs: "Ruby! Over here! I saved you a spot!" She waves

Ruby: "Oh! Hey, I-I gotta go! I'll see you after the ceremony"

Jaune: "Hey, wait!" He sighed "Ah, great. Where am I supposed to find another nice, quirky girl to talk to?!"

Jaune: He looks to left then to his right. "Wait where the hell did Y/n go?!

——

Yang: once Ruby finally joins her she has her arms crossed "How's your first day going, little sister?"

Ruby: "You mean since you ditched me and I exploded?"

Yang: "Yikes! Meltdown already?"

Ruby: "No, I literally exploded a hole in front of the school! And there was some fire, and I think some ice...?"

Yang: "Are you being sarcastic?" She questioned smiling broadly

Ruby: "I wish! I tripped over some crabby girl's luggage, and then she yelled at me, and then I sneezed, and then I exploded, and then she yelled at me again, and I felt really, really bad, and I just wanted her to stop yelling at me!"

Weiss: "You!"

Ruby: she jumps into her sisters arms "Oh, God, it's happening again!"

Weiss: "You're lucky we weren't blown off the side of the cliff!"

Yang: "Oh my God, you really exploded."

Ruby: "It was an accident" she says getting down from Yangs arms. "It was an accident!" Weiss takes out DUST for dummies "What's this?"

Weiss: "The Schnee Dust Company is not responsible for any injuries or damages sustained while operating a Schnee Dust Company product. Although not mandatory, the Schnee Family highly encourages their customers to read and familiarize themselves with this easy to follow guide to Dust applications and practices in the field"

Ruby: "Uuhhh?"

Weiss: "You really wanna start making things up to me?"

Ruby: "Absolutely?"

Weiss: "Read this, and don't ever speak to me again." She handed Ruby DUST for dummies

Yang: "Look, uh, it sounds like you two just got off on the wrong foot. Why don't you start over and try to be friends, okay?"

Ruby: she puts away the pamphlet "Yeah! Great idea, sis!" She holds out her hand "Hello, Weiss! I'm Ruby! Wanna hang out? We can go shopping for school supplies!"

Weiss: "Yeah! And we can paint our nails and try on clothes and talk about cute boys, like tall, blond, and scraggly over there!" She fakes enthusiasm

Ruby: "Wow, really?"

Weiss: "No."

The girls' attention is drawn to the stage, where Professor Ozpin is readying the microphone, with Glynda and Y/n beside him.

Seeing the redheaded boy next to the head master the newcomers begin to gossip. Most of them wonder who is standing next to Ozpin while the others admire his beauty.

Ozpin: "I'll... keep this brief. You have traveled here today in search of knowledge, to hone your craft and acquire new skills, and when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you, and all I see is wasted energy, in need of purpose, direction. You assume knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step."