Chapter 5: The First Step Part 2

A black bird is flying slowly and magnificently, right up to the moment it gives a final shriek and Ruby crashes through it in a burst of feathers as she plummets downward.

Ruby: "Birdie No!"

Ruby fires off a few rounds from Crescent Rose to slow her down, then turns the weapon into its scythe form to catch the branch of a tree in her blade and fall downward at a slower pace.

——

Then with Weiss she summons a white snowflake circle under her and leaps off of it to the forest below.

——

Then with Yang

Yang: "Woo-hoo! Yeah! Alley-oop!"

Yang, soaring right over the treetops, is using her gauntlets and its fiery force to push her through the air further and further north, spinning and laughing with each blast, even when she crashes through the leaves of a tree and leaps off two trunks to tumble to the ground.

Yang: "Nailed it!" She says running off.

----------

Now we are with Pyrrha

Her weapon in sword form and armed with a shield, crashes through several trees and rolls on a branch, immediately shifting her blade into a rifle and looking through the scope at Jaune as he continues to scream and fall helplessly. Pyrrha coolly transforms her weapon again to its spear form, takes a moment to evaluate her throw, and rockets the javelin deep into the forest until a "THUNK!" is heard.

Jaune: "Thank you!"

Pyrrha: "I'm sorry!"

——

Finally we are with Y/n, who was still in the air. For the most part he wasn't thinking about how he was gonna land.

He was thinking about what his father would give him to be able to speak with out actually talking.

It's a confusing thought, but he knows if anyone can do it it's his father.

During his daydreaming he was rapidly approaching the ground. The redhead realizes this and his eyes widen.

The prince surveys his surroundings quickly, he noticed a couple trees coming closer, many different ways of landing flow through his mind. But of course he chooses the most difficult and painful one.

As perfect tree approaches, he grabs on a thick branch sturdy enough to hold him and heaves his whole body upwards. He soars through the air once more.

But as he flies upwards and leaves the previous tree behind him it begins to fall, he used too much of his monstrous strength.

But this is exactly how he planned it.

When gravity pulls him downwards he falls on the gigantic tree, which was already on its way down.

The colossal tree takes down smaller and weaker trees as it plummets.

When it finally reaches the earth the land under it shakes. Dust and rubble covers the area and Y/n was no where to be found. But as it clears up a figure was able to be made out.

Blood drips from his hand and lands on the soil. But as soon as it drops it stops. The gash in his hand heals immediately.

The prince transforms into his kingly form.

——

The scenery changes to Ruby running around.

Ruby: "Gotta find Yang! Gotta find Yang, gotta find Yang, gotta find"

Ruby: "Yang! Yaaaang!" She yelled

Ruby: "Oh, this is bad, this is really bad... What if I can't find her? What if someone finds her first? Well, there's always Jaune. He's nice. He's funny! ...I don't think he's very good in a fight, though. Ooh! What about Blake?! So mysterious, so calm... Plus she likes books! Then again, I'm not sure I'd be able to hold a conversation with her... oh then there's Y/n, he's nice, funny, cute and can definitely fight. Okay...gotta find Y/n."

Time seems to slow down as Ruby skids to a halt in front of Weiss as she is turning to face her. She stops just in time for their eyes to meet and a pause follows. This ends when Weiss turns on her heel and walks the other way.

Ruby: "Wait! Where are you going?!" She asks following Weiss a little. "We're supposed to be teammates" she kicks the ground like a child

Weiss is seen struggling through the forest, giving an occasional grunt or "Ow!" as she pushes plants out of her way. She brushes herself off and sighs in relief when she hears a voice above her.

Jaune: "Come on, come on! Stupid" he said struggling getting free

Weiss sees Jaune hanging a few feet in the air by the spear embedded in his hood and the tree behind him. As he gives up trying to pull it out, he looks down and sees Weiss, giving an embarrassed wave. Weiss simply heads back in the direction she came from and Jaune groans in dejection.

Weiss: "By no means does this make us friends."

Ruby: "You came back!"

——

The scene changes to Weiss trudging through the forest, with Ruby back a ways behind her.

Ruby: "What's the hurry?"

Weiss: "I will not let my mission be delayed because you're too slow! I swear, if I get a bad grade because of your" she then turns around to see Ruby right in front of her "What the...?""

Ruby: "I'm not slow, see? You don't have to worry about me!"

Weiss: "When did...?"she says a little impressed

Ruby: "Weiss, just because I don't exactly know how to deal with people doesn't mean I don't know how to deal with monsters! You're about to see a whole different side of me today, Weiss, and after it's all over, you're going to be like, "Wow! That Ruby girl is really, really cool... and I wanna be her friend!""

Ruby disappears in a shower of rose petals, which Weiss waves away from her face just as she hears crackling and rustling in the bushes around her.

Weiss: "You may be fast, but you still excel at wasting time." She is then met with silence "Ruby?" the forest darkens, forcing Weiss to lean in to try and find her new partner as a pair of red eyes are seen glaring behind her "Ruby?"

Then multiple pairs of red eyes stare at her from the bushes and a deep growl is heard. She turns around until she spots a large, jagged Beowolf emerging from a bush and approaching her.

Weiss: "Ruby!"