Vol 2, Chapter 2: Welcome To Beacon

Beacon is shown as a large and unnerving ship descends upon a landing pad. Two Bullheads fly by to show ant-like swarms of people on the paths around Beacon. we then see Ozpin, his son by his side and Glynda who are looking through the window into Ozpin's office.

Glynda: "Ironwood certainly loves bringing his work wherever he travels."

Ozpin: "Well, running an academy and a military makes him a busy man." He pauses" But yes, those are a bit of an eyesore" A chirping beep sounds repeatedly. Ozpin turns to see a hollow-message "Access Requested" on his desk. "Come in."

Ironwood: "Ozpin!"

Ozpin stands at attention.

Ozpin: "Hello, General."

Ironwood: "Please, drop the formalities." Both approach and shake hands as Glynda also approaches. "It's been too long. And Glynda! It has certainly been too long since we last met."

Glynda: "Oh, James!" Gives a personable wave and then drops all pleasantries. "I'll be outside." She then walks away.

Ironwood: "Well, she hasn't changed a bit" his gaze changes to the redheaded boy next to ozpin "And on the other hand Y/n, I see that you've changed significantly since I last saw you. The last time I saw you, you were about this big." he does the gesture any uncle would do. Putting his hand on his hip and representing how little the prince used to be. "You've turned into a proper man now." he has a look of approval

Y/n shifts his body awkwardly, obviously a little anxious in front of Ironwood. But not for a bad reason. He admires the man infront of him.

Ozpin: As he turns to his desk "So, what in the world has brought you all the way down from Atlas?" He picks up a mug and a kettle, pouring as he speaks. "Headmasters don't typically travel with their students, for the Vytal Festival." He turns and offers the cup to Ironwood.

Ironwood: "Well, you know how much I love Vale this time of year." he produces a canteen from his inside coat pocket and pours its contents into his mug. "Besides, with you hosting, I thought that this might be a good opportunity for us to catch up." Ozpin walks around to his desk, kettle and a new mug in hand.

Ozpin: Ozpin sits and pours himself some coffee. "I can certainly appreciate the quality time between friends, however, a small fleet outside my window has me concerned."

Ironwood: "Well, concern is what brought them here."

Ozpin: "I understand that travel between kingdoms has become increasingly difficult."

Ironwood: "Oz, you and I both know why I brought those men."

Ozpin: Takes a drink and sets down his mug. "We are in a time of peace. Shows of power like this are just going to give off the wrong impression."

Ironwood: "But if what Qrow said is true..."

Ozpin: "If what Qrow said is true, then we will handle it tactfully." he emphasizes this as he holds up an index finger. "It's the Vytal Festival. A time to celebrate unity and peace. So I suggest that you not scare people by transporting hundreds of soldiers halfway across the continent."

Ironwood: "I'm just being cautious."

Ozpin: "As am I. Which is why we will continue to train the best Huntsmen and Huntresses we can."

Ironwood: "Mhm.." He pauses "So would you mind telling me about these so called "Best Huntsman and Huntresses".

Ozpin gestures to the boy next to him.

Ozpin: "The strongest hunter there is, is standing right next to me" he tells him as Y/n looks surprised at the sudden involvement

Ironwood let's out a hearty laugh.