Chapter 16: Black And White

In the heirs 'search' for Blake, the redhead has contributed nothing. He found her a long time ago, but he really didn't want to intervene. The black haired girl seemed to be doing just fine conversing with the monkey.

In all honesty the prince just wanted a excuse for some alone time, away from everyone and everything. He need this for a reason.

The anniversary of the tragedy has arrived. He asked his father for a bullhead and to get excused from school for a couple days.

Every year on this exact day no matter what is happening during the day he flies out to his old homeland and pays his respects.

——

As soon as he lands on the soil of the dark forest he takes a deep breath. His nostrils fill with a nostalgic smell, one that brings memories, good and bad alike.

The crimson prince begins to walk into the shadows of the forest and towards his past.

——

The carnage comes into view, the old ruins of a once beautiful village takes a toll on the young monarch. He stares at the destroyed buildings, the dead patches of grass, and then the gargantuan fallen trees. The air was tense as Y/n walked towards the middle of the town.

He stops directly in the center of the city, kneels downward and touches the earth.

Y/n: "I'm sorry I couldn't do anything to save you. You didn't deserve this." He mumbles "I promise, I'll get my revenge, I'll do it for everyone I had once loved. And the village that was once my home." He pauses "One day, I will come back and heal this place, but that will be when I complete my mission. Please wait for me." he speaks solemnly

After he finishes talking he plops down and reminisces on the days that had gone by.

——

Time had past, Y/n has been indulged in his history for long enough. He gets up and walks back towards the bullhead. However before he emerges fully in the darkness of the trees he looks back.

He envisioned children laughing, playing, dancing and just messing around like children do. He visualized the town bustling at night, restaurants serving delicious meals for eager families. And finally He imagined his child self enjoying time with his parents, smiling. Something he hasn't done in years.

These visions disappear, and all the sovereign is left with is the barren landscape. He shifts his gaze forward, and continues moving. His eyes flash brilliantly.

——
——
——

The scenery changes to the view of the balcony café in the middle of Vale where Sun and Blake are drinking tea.

Sun: "Finally, she speaks! Nearly two days and you've given me nothing but small talk and weird looks!" Blake gives Sun a firm look "Yeah, like that."

Blake: rolls her eyes before closing them and looking at him sadly "Sun... Are you familiar with the White Fang?"

Sun: "Of course! I don't think there's a Faunus on the planet who hasn't heard of them. Stupid, holier-than-thou creeps that use force to get whatever they want. Bunch of freaks, if you ask me!"

Blake: sips her drink while listening until she speaks up for the big reveal "I was once a member of the White Fang."

Sun: he promptly goes cross-eyed and chokes on his drink, making him put it down and wipe his mouth as he holds up a hand to process this information "Wait a minute, you were a member of the White Fang?!"

Blake: "That's right. I was a member for most of my life, actually. You could almost say I was born into it"

The background shifts to a simple silhouetted flashback of fallen weapons plunged into the ground - swords, guns, any number of combinations.