Chapter 12: Jaunedice Part 2

Jaune sleeps with his head resting in his hands while a constantly-zooming and fast-talking Professo Oobleck is in the middle of his hyperactive lecture, educating Team RWBY, a leaned-back Cardin Winchester directly behind Jaune and a mighty pissed looking Y/n.

Oobleck: "Yes! Yes, prior to the Faunus Rights Revolution--more popularly known as the Faunus War--" he zooms up to the front of the class and the map covered in papers behind his desk "humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie." He points at at the map with a stick "Now! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why, the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day!" He zooms around the classroom even more "Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?"

Some of the students raise their hands. And Velvet, after a moment, does the same.

Oobleck: "Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence! I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to White Fang! Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorize to be the turning point in the third year of the War?" He then sees a hand raised "Yes?"

Weiss: "The battle at Fort Castle!"

Oobleck: "Precisely! And, who can tell me the advantage the Faunus had over General Lagune's forces?"

Unseen by the professor, Cardin flicks a paper football at Jaune's head, causing him to wake up.

Jaune: "Hey!" He shouts waking up suddenly

Oobleck: "Mr. Arc! Finally contributing to class! This is excellent! Excellent! What is the answer?" He zooms towards Jaune

Jaune: "Uhhhh... The answer... The advantage... that the Faunus..." he spoke and looks behind Oobleck's focused face at Pyrrha, who coughs and motions to her lips as she gives him the answer "had over that guy's stuff..." he sees Pyrrha cup her hands around her eyes and goes for the most obvious answers "Uhh... Binoculars!"

While Jaune looks pleased with his answer, the class laughs at him and Oobleck sips his coffee. Pyrrha sighs and slaps a hand to her forehead as Cardin pounds his fist on his desk.

Oobleck: "Very funny, Mr. Arc! Cardin! Perhaps you would care to share your thoughts on the subject!"

Cardin: "Well, I know it's a lot easier to train an animal than a soldier."

Oobleck: "You're not the most open-minded of individuals, are you, Cardin?" He asks shaking his head

Cardin: "What? You got a problem?"

The already pissed off prince erupts, the sound of this brown haired boy is like nails on a chalkboard.

Y/n: "Shut Up." he activates his semblance, causing Cardin to lose his ability to
speak.

A long sigh comes out of the princes mouth. Annoyances are everywhere.

Someone then answers Ooblecks question so blake adds on

Blake: "Also, General Lagune was inexperienced, and made the mistake of trying to ambush the Faunus in their sleep. His massive army was outmatched, and the general was captured." She informs as she then turns to Cardin "Perhaps if he'd paid attention in class, he wouldn't have been remembered as such a failure."

Cardin then gets up from his seat with his fist clenched.

Y/n: "Sit Down." He says causing Cardin to immediately fall in his chair.

This makes Cardin even more frustrated but he couldn't do anything but huff and puff.

Then Jaune starts laughs at his tormentor's embarrassment, which causes Oobleck zooming up to him