Chapter 3

As you and Octane walk out of the doors, you turn back to see Natalie standing beside Alex, having a very pissed off look on her face. You note it as unusual and unlike her, but you ignore it for the time being.

"Say chica, why'd you choose me to be your escort? I was literally late to meet you." Octavio asks, turning to you slightly as you walked.

"Well, i like your vibe. You seem like someone I'd get along with well. AND i feel we have a lot in common." you state, giving him a smile.

You couldn't see it, but you could tell he smiled after hearing that.

"Gracias, i appreciate you giving me a chance. i think we'll get along well too. But what did you think we have in common?" He said, his voice dripping with a more raspy tone. It made you jump slightly, unused to hearing a voice like his.

"You clearly have some type of ADHD." You stated, staring at him.

He stopped moving all together and stared back. (Like this emoji 🧍)

"Whaaaat?" He laughed, waving his hand as if dismissing the comment.

After a few minutes, you guys were on a train that was going through each terrain they played on and then through the city they lived in. He told you about each part and made sure to answer any questions you had. But there was a certain question he was hesitant to answer, seeing it was about himself and not the area around you guys.

"So, why exactly do you have metal legs?" You asked, facing your body towards his, your eyes flashing to his stomach and then his legs, you couldn't help it.

He scratched the back of his neck, almost embarrassed. "Well..." he started. "I was trying to beat a record, being the stunt devil i am, when it went wrong. A grenade went off before i could do what i had to, and before i knew it i was on the ground and i couldn't feel my legs." he said, a large grin on his face as he was telling you.

You rolled your eyes, surprised at how open he was about it.

"I see, you don't tend to have many secrets do you?" You asked, a playful tone hinted in your voice.

He turned more towards you, pulling his goggles up over his cap.

"Oh trust me, i have secrets." he said, his eyes squinting a bit as he smiled under his mask.

You giggled at his attempt to be serious.

"Hey, can i give you a nickname?" you ask, feeling it would make you guys get a step closer to becoming friends.

He almost immediately nodded, getting excited.

"Of course! I love nicknames." he replied, his leg bouncing up and down like it was the whole train ride.

"How about.. Tavi?" you say, a bit scared he wouldn't like it.

Instead his eyes widen, and he stands up. You were guessing he couldn't contain his excitement because he began bouncing up and down slightly.

"I love it! it's so awesome!" he said, his feet doing little taps on the floor.

'That's cu-' Hold up. Hwat.

You shake your head as the train swerves harshly, causing Octavio to trip and fall over. You watched as he fell and bursted out laughing, unable to contain your giggles.

He looked at you and you notice him started to giggle at himself. He then stood and sat back down next to you as the train began go slow down.

"Next up, i show you where you stay." He said, leading you out of the train.