Chapter 14

After hearing the loud crash, you stand up rather quickly. What the fuck?

"Uhm... Tavi? Are you okay?" You ask cautiously as you peek your head around the corner.

As you do so, you see a very flustered Octavio hiding his face in his knees. He was knelt down on the floor.

He didn't answer the question nor did he look at you when you walked in the kitchen.

"Tavi?" you ask again, walking towards him.

You see the popcorn spilled all over the ground and the bowl a little ways away from the kneeling adrenaline addict. He was lucky it wasn't glass.

"U-Uh.. chica.. how did you find out what it meant..?" His voice was soft and nervous.

You smiled softly and sat next to him.

"The night you said it to me, I looked it up. When I saw what it meant I almost went crazy. And I decided to try and get you back. So i decided that i'd say 'he-" You started to say, but Octavio quickly covered your mouth with his hands.

"¡Lo entiendo!" He said, slowly removing his hands from your face.

"I'm sorry, that was rude of me."

You shook your head and laughed.

"You're fine, but do you not want me to speak Spanish or something?"

You notice his face flush again, and he lowered his head back down. He then cleared his throat and stood, picking the bowl up and setting it on the counter.

"Helloooooo? Tavi? Is it because it was so awful at speaking it you want to save me from embarrassment?" You asked, standing and walking towards him.

"Nah, it's not that chica. Trust me." He replied, almost like he didn't want to tell you the real reason.

"Oh really, then what is it?" you question back.

He then turned back around to you. His green eyes having a small shine in them.

"How about i order us a pizza instead..?" He asked, letting out a small laugh as he lead you back into the living room.

Tavi didn't answer you, and it made you slightly nervous. Did you mispronounce something? You began to get worried.

"Uh.. yeah pizza sounds nice." you smile, not wanting him to know you were slightly upset.

He sat down on the couch and grabbed the remote, not wanting to play it until food got here. He put in an online order for pizza and turned towards you.

"Listen, hermosa. Don't stress about it." Tavi grabbed your face and squished it a little.

"If i'm being quite honest, you speaking my language is very attractive to me. Not only that, but you calling me handsome made me feel things i haven't in a long while." The adrenaline addict teased, a sly smirk growing on his features.