.Miguel diaz

It was the first day of school, thankfully it wasn't going to bad, I hated my friends though, Sam, moon and yasmine. They were bullies and I didn't like that, currently they were making fun of a kid named Eli.

He was quiet and had a scar on his lip, it wasn't bad but people are just rude. I looked at the other boys sitting with Eli.

There was Demetri, he was super sarcastic but pretty funny. I looked next to Demetri and saw a brown haired Caramel colored boy, he had dark brown eyes and a nice smile, he was very cute.

As I looked at him he was looking at me, I smiled and he quickly looked away, Sam elbowed me. "Ooh you got the hots for him?" She said and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut it." I said and looked back at Him, we locked eyes for a minute before he got up and started walking over.

Ironically it was at the same time as Kyler, sams boyfriend walked over and wrapped his arm around Sam and me, he thinks were good friends but I can't stand him.

He stood there and looked and Kyler waved at him and he walked away, I watched as he walked back over to the other two boys.

MIGUELS POV-

I sat back down in defeat, there goes my chance is getting a hot babe, more specifically y/n.

I looked at Demetri who was smirking at me, "what?" I asked slightly annoyed, "she's looking at you." He whispered.

I looked at y/n and she quickly looked away, I smiled and sat back in my seat, feeling accomplished.

"Don't do that." Demetri said. "Do what?" I asked. "It's not like she asked you on a date, she looked at you. Don't get all confident. She could be staring because your so ugly." He said.

I looked at him and he scratched his head, "well you know what I mean." He said and the bell rang,

3 months later-

I still hadn't talk to y/n.. I went to ask her to dance at the Halloween dance, but she danced with some other guy..

I've tried to talk to her, but I've never had a real conversation with her, we messaged on Snapchat once or twice, but nothing serious.. at least she knows who I am.

All hope was lost when I found out she had a boyfriend. But they just broke up recently, I sat in lunch and I saw Kyler and brucks her ex making fun of her,

She threw a tray at them and Kyler pushed her, she stumbled back and I stood up, "oh rhea. Want another beat down?" He said.

"Kyler? Why don't you shut the hell up and stop being such an asshole?" I said and he scoffed. "I'm ready for your lame ass karate this time." He said and went to punch me.

I caught his arm, "it's not lame-ass karate. It's cobra Kai." I said and started fighting. One by one I took them all down until there was no one left.

I stood on the top of a table and y/n looked at me in amazement. The counselor came out and dragged me away...

-

I walked out of the principals office, I turned and saw y/n leaned against the lockers. I cleared my throat making her look up.

"Oh- uh- hi, Miguel." She said shyly. "I just- I wanted to thank you for defending me." She said and I nodded.

"It was no big deal." I said and she smiled and pulled out a piece of paper. "Uh- here's my number, call me?" She said and walked away.

I held the piece of paper like my life depended on it, I ran out to my moms car and jumped in. "Hi, miggy" she smiled.

"What's got you in a good mood?" She said elbowing me, "I got a girls number." I said and she smiled and nodded, "I can't wait to meet her." She said and I cringed but smiled.."Uh- yeah, totally." I said awkwardly.

-

A COUPLE DAYS LATER-

I called her that night and we talked for a couple hours, she's really sweet and I really like y/n. I walked to the dojo and saw it flooding with kids outside.

I stood with Eli and Demetri as Demetri whined about not wanting to be here, Johnny was super heard on them all and after class I decided to talk to him. Not about that but y/n.

"Sensei?" I called, he was sitting in his chair by his desk reading a magazine. "What's up?" He asked.

"I like a girl." I said. "Is she hot?" He said, "she's super nice" "is she hot?" He asked again, "she's super smart-" I replied, "is she hot?" He asked one more time.

"Yes she's hot, super hot." I said and he nodded and smiled. "Nice." He said. "I was thinking about asking her on a date." I said.

He nodded, "so do it?" He asked confused. "I've never asked a girl out before though? What if she says no?" I asked worried.

"Well, be confident, chicks love that, And be an asshole. They love that too." He said and I shook my head no.

"What?" He asked confused. "Shes different! She's a really great girl and I don't wanna blow this." I said and he nodded. "Ok, well you got this. Remember strike first." He said putting his fist up.

I nodded and walked out of the dojo.

-

I walked through school searching for y/n. I couldn't find her so I stood by her locker. She walked up to it and I cleared my throat making her look up,

"Miguel hey!" She smiled. "Hey, uh- y/n? I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date?" I asked. She looked around and studied my face thinking for a minute.

I looked around worried for a moment and she smiled, "of course I'll go on a date with you, how's tomorrow night?" She asked.

I nodded, "pick me up at 8:30?" She asked and I nodded and went to walk away, "wait I don't have a car." I said and she nodded, "I'll pick you up then." She said and I nodded and we both walked our separate ways.