CH42 - Overcoming Grief - Part 3

The next morning, everyone went on their own separate ways. In the morning I couldn't find Hiei, but I did meet up with Ruby and Kurama at breakfast and told me about that small surprise visit they got from the clown who I humiliated yesterday, Suzuka. When I asked them what was the intention, they told me even though he disliked us still he wanted us to beat Toguro. He even offered Kazuma and Roshead gifts that could help our team to reach this goal. For corrections enchanted items that helped Team Uraotogi reach the Semi-Finals. 

"Isn't it. . . dangerous?" I asked them as I held the glass bottle that contained the Fruit of Previous Life. I didn't get to look at Carrot-Top's item since he left early to find my brother who is probably still out there mourning Genkai's death.

"Well, it can be." Ruby said, agreeing with my statement of course while I gave the items back to Rosehead.

"We won't know it if we just talk about it." Kurama pointed out before he got up from the coach. 

"But are you sure you want to. . . use it?" My water-bender friend asked, understandably concerned.

"If this is what it takes to defeat Karasu, then yes." My redheaded friend nodded his head while giving a serious look on his face.

"I'll come with you." Ruby said as she got up from her seat as well. Her announcement surprised me a little and made me raise an eyebrow at her. Her gaze caught mine and her face flushed red. " I-I mean, just in case something happens and you need help."

"Thank you Ruby." Kurama thanked her with a kind smile. "I really appreciate it."

"Well, what are friends for?" Ruby asked with a shrug and a smile.

"And I guess I am the third wheel then?" I joked out loud before drinking up the last drop of coffee from my cup while my friends laughed.

"Good luck with your training with Hiei." My water-bender friend said cheekily with a mischievous look on her face which made me mentally roll my eyes, but my mind suddenly remembered something important.

"Wait, before going, I need to ask you guys something!" I blurted out quickly as I placed the cup down and approached the two.

"Yes?" Rosehead asked me curiously.

"I'm curious if you have anything about Mara?" I went straight to the point. "Any information or something that could help me prepare more?"

The two shared a worried glance with each other which got me curious.

"Well. . ." Rosehead started, but before he can answer a knock behind them got our attention. We turn to the source, only to see. . .

"Master Yara. . ." Ruby called out softly while I just looked at my other master with the guilt panging in my chest. However, that soon turned into confusion when I see there was a small group of demons behind her.

"Huh?" I hummed out loud, puzzled as my eyes fell on Toya, Jin, Chu, and Rinku who was standing behind the blind old lady.

_________________________________________________________