CH13 - The Knife Edge Death Match

"Ladies and gentleman, that was incredible!" Koto said with enthusiasm as she and everyone else, including me looked at the two standing fighters. "That was. . . That was. . . I honestly don't know what that was, but wow!"

Chu's lips once again began to move, but I couldn't really make anything out of the conversation. But I soon started to hear the words clearly when the crowd quieted down a little. At that moment, the Pony-Tails guy pulled out two sharp knives.

"Let's do this with a knife-edge death match." The demon suggested.

'A knife-edge deathmatch?' I questioned myself as I watch Chu stab those two weapons into the ring's solid ground. Once he made sure each was stable enough he rise up and turned to my brother.

"Take off your shoes and put your foot in front of the knife." Chu instructed while he took off his own shoes. Yusuke nodded his head and did as he was told. The boys were now standing in front of each other with one barefoot in front of the sharp blade while their knees touched one another. Their eyes stared deeply into each other.

I narrowed my eyes at them for a better focus.

"The edge of that knife is the edge of your world." Pony-Tails began with a cocky look on his face. "That's the only rule of the Knife-Edge Death Match. You don't step outside that line, but if you do then sudden death. And I mean death and we fight with our bodies, no weapons. The winner is the last one standing. Do you think you can handle that?"

"No sweat." Yusuke answered confidently and I can feel the idiot smirk cockily as well. Now I am worried. And I mean really worried. . . .

"Excuse me, sirs, but it's really not up to you to make the rules around here." Koto interjected. "We reputable comity who is paid to do that." Hearing this the crowd began to throw protests and insults, meaning they want to see this match, even though it's against the rules.

"Hey, hold it." Kazuma suddenly spoke up. "Just no weapons mean that Urameshi is not allowed to use the Spirit Gun?"

"It wouldn't matter since he is out of Spirit Energy." Scarlett pointed out.

"Oh yeah, that's sucks." Kuwabara realized.

"Same goes to Chu." I chimed in as well.

"Yes, meaning the two are in an equal field." Kurama added.

"Now that the fight has been reduced to hand in hand it would be the one with the strongest head that will prevail." Hiei spoke as well.

"There's no chance." Kuwabara said before shouting some encouragement to my brother. "URAMESHI SHOW THAT LAST ONE WHAT YOU GOT LEFT IN YA!"

The crowd slowly began to whine and throw protests, along with some insults that clearly show how impatient they are getting. I looked at the screen intensely for a good two minutes before it revealed an 'X' meaning the comity not approved. As expected the audience booed and screamed many things which made my own thoughts drown in.

My gut then began to feel weird again as the chill began to run down my entire body. Then my eye finally took notice of the sudden change of the environment. My gaze then trailed back to the screen, only to see the 'X' vanishing.