CH4 - Getting Stronger - Part4

Midnight had already fallen and by now everyone got their chance to get to shut their eyes.

The three members of Team Urameshi had already retreated to their own tents or tree by now while the siblings are sleeping in one room that had the needle beds and snakes. The brother was in a deep slumber, but his sister however was not. She was blankly staring at the ceiling while her mind again once again went for a race.

The training she went through that day sure left her completely destroyed, but Miyuki's brain refused to rest. Her lack of performance in fire-bending lessons really got to her in a bad way. It made her angry and disappointed with herself.

With an irritated sigh, she got up from her 'bed' and then left the room as quietly as she can.

'I need to work harder.' Miyuki thought to herself as she slid the door close and tiptoe her way through the hall. Eventually, she found the room where she and her brother's stuff are being held. She picked up her blue ribbon and tied her hair into a simple ponytail. With that, she left her the dojo, then walked down the long staircase.

In the forest, Hiei was sleeping on one of the tree's branches while his two comrades are down in their tent. However, his small nap was cut short when he sensed someone coming closer to the area he and his friends are. He got up to his feet and then closed his eye, letting his Jagan do its work. However, as soon as he found that person. . .

'Miyuki?' He asked himself as he watched the girl, wearing a white tank top and black short pants were going down the long stairs, heading to the beach's direction. 'What is she doing out here?' Without another thought or word, he followed the girl.

Meanwhile, Miyuki reached her destination. Her feet touching the sand while the waves of the sea gently rippling on the edge. The full moon was shining brightly at the water that reflects it's glory back. The girl took a deep breath from the fresh air as her feet carried her a little close to the water. the scent of the seawater freshened her up. The sound of the waves and the peaceful silence gave her a sense of security and calmness.

Then she stood into her starting position and began to once again punch the air, trying to make the smallest spark appear. Sadly, the only thing that came out was a small cloud of smoke, just like before.

Hiei watched the struggling girl's movements curiously. After like five minutes of trying to shoot flames, Miyuki finally reached her breaking point and angrily punched the ground, making the sand around her form jump up in a small ring. This surprised the Fire Demon, since he witnesses his mate do one of the sub-skills of earth bending for the first time after a long time.

'This is getting nowhere.' The girl thought to herself as she began to wipe the sand off of her fist, but then her eye lit up. 'Maybe Akio can help me.' With that, she sat down and then crossed her arms. Miyuki placed her fists against each other than closed her eye.

As the girl was meditating, Hiei jumped onto a cliff, getting closer to the girl and giving him a perfect view for him to see what his partner is up to. However, he wanted to also hear it clearly, so in that case, he closed his eyes and used the power of the Jagan eye.

'Akio, I need your advice.' Miyuki called mentally. On cue, a part of her soul began to reveal itself by going out of the girl's body. And sure enough, the Phoenix warrior himself showed up.