CH2 - The Nightmare Begins

The next day came, the very last day of the school year, but even though it is considered as the students' best day of their lives, I felt like total shit. No surprise there. The dream kicked me out of my normal sleeping circle once again. My brother even questioned about my tiredness, only to get no verbal answer but my silence.

 For the entire day I told myself that it was just my mind making up things and these missions are just stressing me out. But after countless dreams like these, it was hard to convince me anymore.

My race of thoughts soon ended when the school bell rang loudly. Within that second, all of my classmates ran out of the door. I was the last one to come out.

While walking aimlessly on the long hall with my gaze looking at the clean floor for a while, until I decided to lift it up and by chance, I saw Mr. Yoshida office door right next to my side.

'That's right.' I exclaimed mentally as I reached into my bag and pulled out the wrapped-up present. Just as I was about to knock on the door, the man himself opened it.

"Oh, hello there Ms. Urameshi!" He greeted me with a friendly smile. I bowed my head respectfully to him.

"My apologies for the disturbance but. . . ." I apologized to the man before trailing down and hand him the gift.

"What's this?" My favourite teacher asked as he took it.

"Uhh. . . a gift." I told him a little awkwardly since due to my lack of social skills. "Since we won't be seeing each other, I wanted to give you something in return for everything you had taught me."

"That's really generous of you, but you didn't really have to do that." The teacher told me with a warm smile.

"I wanted to." I replied before covering my mouth with my hand because of the yawn that was just about to escape from me.

"You look a little tired." Pointed out, my teacher. "Is everything alright?"

"Yes." I replied as I try to rub the sleepiness out of my eye. "I had a rough night, that's all." I explained.

"And how are your injuries?" He asked me a little concerned once again.

"They are doing much better." I answered once again.

"I'm glad to hear it." Mr. Yoshida said with a small smile as he fixed his glasses on. "You are a great actress and I wouldn't like to see my most talented student waste away like that."

"Your 'only' student you mean." I pointed out. Yes, they weren't many students who are really interested in his Club, and I was one of them, but. . . my curiosity made me go and since then I had no regrets.

"Still, you have potentials, don't let others drag you down just because of some nuisance they made up about you and your brother." Told me the man before giving a small pat on my shoulder. "Have a nice summer vacation." With that, he began to walk away to the other end of the hall. I followed him with my gaze for a while, then with a sigh I began to leave the school. 

While walking I closed my school bag.