GI oc 3

Kaori couldn't open her eyes entirely because of the soil that flew with the wind, covering her eyes with her hands often so it wouldn't get into them. The breeze was strong, lifting sand up in the air that later hit against their bare skins like a million tiny bullets.

"Should we stop and wait until the wind passes a bit?" she asked her companions, and waited for them to reply as she tried to keep her hair out of her face.

"How far are we?", the Harbinger said, his voice almost getting lost with the air currents.

"Maybe one or two hours away still". Paimon groaned, holding tight onto Aether so she wouldn't fly away. "There's a couple of small caves we could use as refuge for some minutes".

"Let's do that, please!!" the girl screamed, her arm covering her eyes.

             Kaori threw a glance at the Harbinger, who nodded, and she stepped away from their path, guiding them into a hole that had formed into the mountain at their left. She investigated it, observing its shape and the broken borders, making sure the roof was well supported so it wouldn't fall on top of them and crush them. She looked back and gestured with her hand, telling them to come in.

              She thanked the cave for refuging them from the wind, sighing right after she stopped feeling it hitting her skin with force.

"Phew! Much better, I can finally fly on my own again" Paimon said with a tone of relief, and Aether smiled next to her.

"What a pain", Childe said, and Kaori fixed her curious green eyes on him. When he noticed, he immediately understood she wanted an explanation for his comment. "We were gonna arrive soon already".

"We still are. You want to get rid of me that much?" she joked, and he smiled crossing his arms on his chest.

"Nah, not really. I've grown fond of you, actually. I dunno if I can say the same thing about you" he replied. She looked up and touched her lips with her index finger, thinking.

"Hm... well, you certainly aren't as annoying and stupid as all the other Fatui" she slipped a look to the boy, and she swore she could see a tint of hope in his eyes. "But I do know your loyalty is entirely put in the Tsaritsa and you will do everything she asks you to, therefore I don't know if I can trust you. Yet."

"Childe is a good person", the Traveller commented as he sat down in the dusty, terracotta floor. Kaori felt her eyebrows lift up.

"I thought he had tried to kill you" she said, following his example and crossing her legs beside him, her head rested on her palm.

"He did, and he used me and all, but he's doing all that for a good reason", his honey eyes expressed nothing but honesty and sincerity, and Kaori glanced at the Fatui.

"You're talking about me as if I wasn't here" he chuckled, and the dark haired girl could see a bit of wariness in his tone and expression.

"Pray tell?" her lips lifted upwards, Childe's smile fading a bit at her question, and pleasure filled her. That was the first time she had made him feel uneasy.

"Tell what?"

"The good reason why you're doing all this?" she continued, her emerald eyes piercing through him.

              He hesitated, exchanging a look with Aether, one that most likely meant 'why did you have to open your mouth?'. The blonde boy shrugged.

"I don't know if I should tell that to a killer" he dropped, and Kaori could feel the threat in his voice. She had touched a delicate topic, she guessed.