[RB] An Exhausted Adventurer

Hyrule had finally reached a state of peace. It had been almost six months since Link had saved the land; which was truly a moment in which his strength had been put to the test. Link still had to perform his usual knight duties, like most commonly escorting the Princess around, but he had much more downtime now than ever before. He finally had some peace of mind as he began to wind down in the land he fought so hard for.

On different occasions, Link would frequently visit people he had become acquainted with while on his journey of saving Hyrule. He did enjoy catching up with the champion descendants quite a bit, and he would linger around in some areas more often than others after escorting Zelda about. One of his favorite places to stick around in was the Zora Domain; as it was a large and beautiful place full of friendly faces and kind people.

Prince Sidon, without a doubt, was one of the sweetest Zora there. He had a huge heart which contained a lot of admiration for the brave hero Link, and those genuine feelings truly shined through with every interaction he had with the knight. Link always felt a strong sense of joy whenever he could see the Zora Prince; so he decided he'd travel to the domain.

A horrendous storm had been raging throughout the day, and Link's Sheikah Slate had been acting up for whatever reason, so teleporting about the land was tricky. It was very inconveniencing, as he'd have to just travel around on horseback. The brave hero was riding his loyal horse throughout the rainy, windy wilderness, and he was feeling drained of all energy. Link's body was littered with nasty bruises and cuts, he was honestly astonished with how beaten up he had become. But that didn't matter. The Zora Domain was always a lovely place of hospitality.

Link was desperate to arrive at the domain soon. Not only to see the prince's award-winning smile; but also to hopefully check in at the infirmary.

After killing many monsters and becoming quite drenched through the rain, Link finally arrived at the domain. He rode on his horse's back down one of the icy bridges leading to the magnificent place, and he immediately felt a sense of relief.

A few of the Zora people greeted Link warmly, some of them feeling concerned for him in this injured state. Link soon saw the jovial prince who had seen the knight's arrival himself.

"Link! Hello there!! It's been quite a while, now hasn't it?" The Zora called out with a huge smile. He waved cheerfully as he hurried over to the bridge Link was on. The prince soon saw the state that Link was in, so his expression and mood quickly shifted.

"... Oh, Link, my goodness, this isn't good at all! We should get you into the infirmary safely as quickly as we can!" The prince declared with a concerned frown spread across his face. He quickly called for two Zora guards to come by his side as Link made his horse walk further into the domain.

Sidon softly placed one of his large hands on Link's right shoulder. This gave Link a short tingling sensation in his nerves, since he was on-guard and the prince's delicate touch was the first moment of physical contact he had made that wasn't a foe attacking him. Link's left ear twitched as the tingling of nerves sent chills up his spine.

"Link, I'll make sure that your horse stays safe and well, and that you get the finest care! It is truly the least I can do for you." He said with a soft sigh and a reassuring smile. Sidon soon drew his hand away from Link's shoulder.

Link was soon given a private room to himself in the domain's infirmary beside the palace. He was in a large bed, and there were two Zora nurses tending to his needs. Meanwhile; Sidon was making sure that Link's horse was safe and comfortable in a nice stable by the domain.

Sidon felt very worried about Link. He already knew that the hero tended to overwork himself, and he thought that now Link was really pushing it. The prince held a lot of admiration and respect for Link, but he really did wish that he would tend to himself more. The prince was trying to think if there was anything he could do to help Link's recovery. Maybe, he could possibly keep Link company? Sidon knew that Link wasn't exactly the talkative type, nor a sociable person, as Sidon in fact had never heard Link speak before. But that didn't matter. Sidon still wanted to give Link his energy and make sure that he didn't feel alone. Anything to make the brave knight happy.

A few hours had passed, and Link had taken a nice, long nap. His wounds were cleaned and bandaged, and his body had been cleaned as well. He was now laying in the medical center bed in a light sleep as the rain poured down outside. The injured man woke up soon, his eyelids fluttering open as he stared up at the blurry white ceiling.

Sidon was pacing around the domain, as he usually did. He didn't have much to do, but he did enjoy the rain. 'Maybe I should go check on Link and visit him.. would he enjoy that? Maybe. Ah, either way, I would love to see him! I hope he's not feeling lonely there..' Sidon thought to himself as he stared out at the terrain surrounding the palace. The storm made it hard to see out very far.

Link was soon surprised to hear a small knock at the door. The nurses said they weren't coming back until later that night to give Link dinner; so he didn't really know who this was. He was even more surprised to see the door open to reveal Sidon.

Sidon gingerly crept past the door, looking in a little. "Ah! Hello, Link! I hope I didn't barge in in any impolite manner, but I'm glad to see that you're awake. I hope you're feeling better!" The prince said enthusiastically, but still keeping his voice soft. A big toothy smile appeared on his face, and he looked happy to see Link. He didn't ask any questions; as he knew that Link was the very quiet type.

"...It's truly a nasty storm out there today." Sidon commented. He had his arms folded across his broad chest as he walked towards the window to gaze out of it. This earned no verbal response from Link, but that was to be expected. The prince truly didn't mind. He just enjoyed being in the hero's presence. Sidon truly admired Link a lot, and in some ways, he looked up to him with his seemingly endless amounts of bravery and courage.

Link stayed silent, but he looked out the window as well. His blond hair was messy and all over his face. He didn't care that the prince was in his infirmary room; at least he had some company.

"...I'm just glad that you managed to make it to the domain before the storm and enemies out there brought you anymore harm. You know Link, you're always welcomed here, and it's truly the least we could do after all of your courageous hard work..." Sidon said softly. His yellow eyes shifted down to look at Link while he was laying in bed.

Sidon felt a warm fuzzy feeling in his chest as he looked at the tiny hylian. He had never seen his hair this messy, but he found it to be rather cute. Sidon just wanted to gently stroke it out of his face, but of course, he refrained from such a thing. The prince and Link didn't have that kind of relationship... even though Sidon secretly longed for it.

"I'm just so proud of you! I know I go on about it a lot, but goodness, I've never met anybody as brave as you. You deserve this rest. If there is anything I could do for you, don't hesitate to ask!!" Sidon said joyfully, flashing his large fangs in an endearing, ecstatic smile.

Link returned a smile to the Zora standing beside his bed. He always found Sidon to be rather charming. While he did like the other champion descendants, there was just something different about Sidon. The prince just had such a large personality, and Link loved hearing his sweet voice.

"...Anyways, while I'd love to stay longer, but I'm afraid I must leave." Sidon said with a small sigh. "It was certainly my pleasure keeping you company, Link. I'm glad to see that it appears you're doing better. Shall I come back later to visit you?" He then asked sweetly.

Link just responded with a joyful grin and a thumbs-up.

"Wonderful! Well, rest up as much as you need to, hero!" Sidon said, returning the thumbs-up gesture. He then left the room with a big goofy smile.

Sidon's face felt warm, and he felt all giddy and ecstatic. Talking to Link always made him so happy, even though Link didn't even say a word. The man's presence was enough to make Sidon happy. He just looked up to the hylian so much, (well, of course figuratively-since Link was rather short), and Sidon wanted to be as strong as the hero. The prince thought that Link deserved all the praise in the world and more, and he was always happy to express how thankful he was for Link.

Link was certainly in Sidon's thoughts for the rest of the day. The prince couldn't wait to visit him in his infirmary room again.