Sunset

(Art^ credit by Beelzebumons) -Rainy

It was a few days after the incident with the lizalfos and Sidon had happened, and Link was just getting back from escorting princess Zelda.

It was dark outside, stars speckled the dark sky and a few of the wispy clouds hung like cobwebs.

Link was nearing the closest stable to the domain on his palomino, golden-colored horse. Both Link and his horse were equally exhausted.

There was a small night breeze as Link hopped off of his horse, registering it back into the stable where it could rest.

Link decided that for the night he would set up camp then continue his journey to the domain on foot in the morning.

Link continued walking for about another fifteen minutes, getting closer to the domain until he found the perfect spot. It was a small clearing just in the outskirts of the woods. Trees surrounded the small open space of lush grass, and there were several bushes surrounding the area as well.

Link felt his stomach growl, so he set down his bag and shield on the soft grass, only taking his bow and arrow with him to hunt for food.

Link stood up, quietly creeping through the forest. He watched his step to make sure he didn't alarm an animal by stepping on any twigs or leaves.

There, he saw in front of him was a large deer. The deer was a stag with fully grown antlers that topped his head like a crown, thick dark brown fur layering it's neck and chest, long muscular legs for running and jumping, and clear light brown eyes.

Link crouched behind a bush and aimed at the impressive creature as it grazed on some of the lush, forest-floor grass.

Link let go and watched the arrow fly, landing square into the deer's side. The deer let out a cry of agony and flopped onto its side, Link shot it once more and it was dead.

Now Link had gotten all the deer meat and was setting up his fire. He crouched down beside the small flame, feeding it twigs and some of the stray forest brush.

Link cooked the deer meat over the fire, he grew even more hungry as the scent wafted into the air. He used some of the herbs he had collected in his bag along the escort to enhance the taste of the freshly caught meat.

Using a leaf as a substitute for a plate, Link devoured the meat he had prepared over the fire, putting the rest he'd save for another day in his bag.

Link savored the smooth, chewy texture of the meat in his mouth, it had been cooked and seasoned to perfection. Link quickly finished his meal, and with his stomach full, he lay back onto the grass.

Link gazed up at the night sky, enjoying the bliss feeling of just watching the clouds move in the sky. Soon, the soft noises from the forest lulled him to sleep.

Sidon was wide awake in the infirmary bed, just staring up the the ceiling. He felt worried about Link. He knew that Link was incredibly strong, and that the hero could easily take care of himself, but he couldn't help but feel worried for his lover. What if he had gotten hurt? Sidon couldn't imagine how sad he'd be if his dear Link got severely harmed, the zora prince would just feel so bad for him. Sidon's mind was busy with worry and questions, he really hoped that Link would visit him soon.

Sidon had already been visited by some of his mutual acquaintances in the domain, and the three little zora children that simply adored him. Sidon was very thankful that the people in the domain cared about him so much, but he wanted Link to visit him the most. Sidon soon heard birds chirping, looking over he saw the sunrise through the window.