I Miss You

Link woke up, but he wasn't in the forest where he had fallen asleep. Instead, he was on the hill just outside of the zora domain where he was with Sidon the night before.

He saw a zora with red scales sitting beside him, but it wasn't Sidon. He soon recognized who it was, it was Sidon's older sister, Mipha. But Mipha was dead! How could she be here sitting beside Link? Was he... dreaming?

Mipha smiled and looked at him. "Hello, Link." She said in her smooth voice.

Link was too shocked to answer, he just froze up and stared at her in confusion.

"You may be wondering why I'm here, but you're dreaming, Link. I must tell you something very important." The former zora princess added. "I know Roverin kicked you out of the domain, but you must go back and see Sidon. He's in a terrible state right now, Link. He needs you." She stared down at her hands as she continued, obviously feeling pity for her younger brother.

"You may not know it, but Sidon really does look up to you. He truly does love you, Link." Mipha paused for a few seconds.

"I hate seeing him like this, I hate seeing him so sad. That's why you must go back to the domain, so he can be happy again." Mipha grinned a bit at Link. "Please watch out for my little brother, Link. I know you love him as much as I do." Link firmly nodded and Mipha said her goodbyes.

Link woke up now, and he wasn't dreaming anymore. He opened his eyes, the first thing he saw was the towering trees that loomed above him. Link stood up, knowing what he must do.

Sidon was still in his room, he was looking out the window. He felt more miserable than ever. It had only been a day, but he missed Link so much. It wasn't fair, why couldn't Roverin just be happy that him and Link loved each other!? He seemed to accept that Mipha wanted to marry Link.

Sidon had some vague memories as a child of Mipha and Link, but one stood out above the rest. It was the day he got to know Link more, the day that they had a conversation. Sidon drifted off into his own thoughts of the memory.

The Memory

It was a sunny day, the sky was clear, there was a small breeze and everything was peaceful. Sidon's older sister Mipha was hanging out with princess Zelda, both of them off on the side of the field braiding flowers into flower crowns for one another.

The other people that were there were six other zora children, they were playing tag. They were older than Sidon so he didn't think that he could play with them, he was a slow runner anyways. He didn't want to play with Zelda and Mipha either. Making flower crowns? How boring.

Sidon was lying on the soft grass looking up at the clear sky, he then heard foot steps coming towards him.

He looked up and saw the hylian that was friends with Mipha, Sidon had met him once before. It was Link.

Link smiled down at Sidon. "What are you doing over here all by yourself? Don't you want to play tag or play with Zelda and Mipha?" He asked the young zora prince.

Sidon sat up a bit and looked up at Link. "No, I can't braid flowers like they can, also it's too boring. I'm too slow to run with the other kids, I'll be no good at tag." Sidon added, picking grass out of the ground.

"Well it doesn't matter if you're not good at it. It just matters that you have fun. Come with me, I can play tag with you too." Link said, holding his hand out to Sidon.

Sidon reached out his little hand and grabbed Link's, who soon heaved him up easily onto his feet. Sidon was much smaller than Link at the time.

Sidon felt a bit worried as he walked with Link. "How do you know I'll have fun? They're so much faster than me, I'll always be it!" He pouted a bit.