A True Hero

(The drawing for the cover of this chapter was drawn by sakimichan) -Rainy

Link's sky blue eyes fluttered open, his delicate blonde eyelashes felt stuck together as he first woke up. He blinked a few times, then rubbed his eyes, his vision was blurry from sleep. 

He looked beside him in the large comfortable bed, he saw his lover, Sidon. The large zora prince was still snoring softly as the morning's first rays softly filtered through the curtains of his room.

Link began to wake up more, and he stood up from the bed. He walked over and drew the curtains wide open. There he saw a breathtaking sunrise. He could see the entire zora kingdom from this view, and the morning sun as it climbed over the vast mountain.

The sky was a beautiful orangish pink, the clouds reflecting the gorgeous color of the sky. The icy paths of the zora domain glittered a bit under the morning rays.

Sidon woke up a little bit later. He yawned loudly and saw Link standing at the window, gazing over the kingdom. "Beautiful, isn't it?" He asked Link with a smile.

Link turned around and nodded.

"Yeah, the sunrises in the zora domain always look simply gorgeous. If I wake up early enough, I enjoy watching them too." Sidon added, staying in bed.

Link walked back over to him and got back in bed, joining him in watching the sunrise. Link sat close to Sidon, who soon gently pulled the small hylian onto his lap.

Link lay back a bit against Sidon, feeling pleasure in just being with him and watching the sunrise. Sidon hugged his arms around Link's body, pulling him close and resting his chin on the top of Link's head.

Link smiled a bit and held his arms on top of Sidon's. For a while they just sat there, just silently enjoying the stunning colors that the sun casted into the sky.

Sidon brought up a question. "So, do you have to escort Princess Zelda today, Link?" He asked, still holding him close on his lap.

"Not until later tonight." Link answered curtly in his gentle, quiet voice.

Sidon nodded a bit. "So how about we just have a day to ourselves? I don't have duties today so I'm completely free."

Link smiled a bit, looking down at Sidon's and his hands. "That sounds good." He replied happily.

"Great!" Sidon beamed. "We can go down to the river then." He added. Sidon lifted Link off of his lap and quickly kissed him on the cheek before getting his armor on.

Link stood up out of bed and dressed himself in his tunic, pants, and boots. He decided it would be best to take a weapon with him, so he grabbed his Traveler's Sword as well.

Sidon and Link were soon just out of the domain, walking over the grass that still had morning dew lining the blades. The air felt crisp and cool, but the sun was out and it was shining down on the both of them. They were walking over to the river's edge, the gentle current of the water could be heard already.

"Ahh, what a perfect day to go swimming." Sidon said with a smile as he relished the feeling of the sun as it warmed his red scales. The river's edge was lined with lush green trees, the canopy provided shade over the water but there was still gaps of light.