A World Beneath the Surface

(Hey guys! So this chapter is part 3 of my one shot. I said I probably wouldn't add any more chapters, but here I am lmao. People seem to like my one shot, so maybe I'll even add more chapters! Cover art for this chapter is drawn by: mamaluciscaelum on tumblr) -Rainy

Sidon woke up and slowly opened his yellow eyes. Everything was fuzzy, so he blinked a few times. He looked down and saw Link cuddled up close to him against his chest. Link's hair was in his face and he was snoring, but even in this state Sidon found him adorable. Sidon gently swept some of the hair out of Link's face and kissed him quickly on the nose, Link didn't wake up, but he stopped snoring for a bit. Sidon watched him for a little bit longer, fawning over the tiny hylian as he slept in his arms. Link was so cute! Sidon just absolutely adored everything about him.

A few minutes later, Link woke up too and yawned loudly. He rubbed his blue eyes a bit, then looked to Sidon. "Good morning, Link." Sidon said warmly, a wide toothy smile showing past his lips.

"Good morning." Link echoed and sat up a bit. "How did you sleep?" He asked, still a bit drowsy from his rest.

"I slept wonderfully." Sidon said in a cheerful tone. "Any night spent with you is a good one." He added kindly.

Link smiled a bit, he quickly kissed Sidon on the tip of his fin in front of his face, then stood up out of bed. Link stretched a bit, then fixed up his messy bed head.

Sidon then got out of bed too. "Once you're ready to go outside I want to show you something, Link." Sidon said with a tiny smile.

Link looked up at the zora prince who towered over him. "Outside? What will we be doing?" He asked him.

Sidon smiled a bit more. "It's a surprise." He said happily. "You'll just have to wait and see."

Link looked up at him stubbornly, then sighed. 'If I want to find out what the surprise is, then I guess I should get ready!' Link thought to himself. He then put on his shoes, his tunic, and loaded his weapons onto his back. Sidon was in a different area of the room getting his armor on. "Alright, we're ready!" Sidon called out. "Let's go!"

Sidon and Link were walking down the grassy hill just outside of the entrance to the domain. Sidon had quickly grabbed something from a different room, but he was back with it and walking beside Link. They were walking towards the river. They finally reached right toward the water's edge, the river looked beautiful as it gently flowed under the sunny sky. Compared to yesterday, this day was beautiful.

"Alright, I'll tell you what the surprise is now, but you'll have to drink this elixir." Sidon looked down at Link and handed it to him. "It's an elixir I brewed just for you a while ago, it allows hylians to breathe underwater for exactly two hours." He explained.

Link nodded, popping off the top lid that sealed the container, he then held the glass bottle containing the elixir up to his lips. The liquid was a pale green color, and it had a bitter taste to it. Link gulped it down and wiped off his lips with the back of his hand, sure the elixir was bitter, but it wasn't the worst he'd had.

Link suddenly felt slits cave into his throat, there was a slight feeling of pain but it was nothing major. Link put his hands up to his throat, feeling two slits on each side of his neck.

"Those are gills." Sidon said to Link. "They're temporary, but those are what will allow you to breathe underwater." He added.