The Princess and the Meeting

Art credit goes to Bellhenge. -authors note

It was clear-skied, sunny day afternoon and Link was riding on his horse beside princess Zelda, who was riding on her majestic, white-coated horse.

Link took the sheikah slate off of his hip to check the large map on the ancient device, the location that he and the princess were at was close to the domain.

"Oh, I'm so excited to see the domain. I haven't seen Sidon or his father in forever!" Princess Zelda with an excited smile. Link just nodded as his reply.

"Even though I haven't seen it in ages, I know that you're used to it, Link. Do you ever get bored while you stay there?
I know that you're more of the adventurous type, so it's a bit odd for you to stay in one place." Zelda added.

Link shook his head at the question Zelda asked about him getting bored, he usually had to leave the domain quiet frequently to escort his princess around, also there was a battle training area in the domain Link found enjoyable to train in.

A few hours passed and Link and Zelda were finally at the bridge of the domain. As they got off of their horses, the two zora guards greeted them and escorted the knight and the princess into the domain. As the two were walking down the icy bridge with the guards, they saw a few zora and a crowd of zora children approach them at the other side of the bridge. Link noticed Sidon as well, whose towering height stuck out in the crowd of zora.

"Greetings, you two!" Sidon said enthusiastically with his usual wide and charming smile. "I'm glad that you made it to the domain safely." He added welcomingly.

After the crowd of zora had died off, it was just Link, Zelda, and Sidon walking further into the domain. "I'm sure that you two are hungry from traveling all the way back from the castle, but that's good because there's going to be a feast in the palace dining room soon with all the zora and the both of you." Sidon said happily to the both of them.

"Oh, that just sounds simply wonderful!" Zelda replied. She had arrived at the domain in a beautiful, long, white dress. She wanted to be dressed in formal attire for the meeting and the feast. "I'm guessing that the meeting I will have with King Dorephan will be after the feast?" She asked, looking up at Sidon a bit.

"Yes, the meeting will be held in the throne room with just you, my father, the elders, and I." Sidon said in his usual cheerful voice as the three made their way up to the dining room.

Link had noticed that he wasn't going to be in the meeting, which was expected. He was just the knight that helped Zelda get to the domain safe and sound. He decided to himself in his head that while the meeting was going on, he'd leave the domain and fight some lizalfo or other monsters that he found on his horse. Link wanted to make sure that his battle skills didn't get rusty.

Soon they were all in the dining room, there was two huge and long tables in the grand room, Link was sitting beside Zelda while Sidon was sitting across from Link.

The dinner being served that night was fish and crabs, along with a large side dish of vegetables. While they were eating, Sidon took a break from eating to try and start a conversation with Link who had finished his food a long time ago.

"So, I heard that you killed that lynel the other night and saved Roverin, and I'm so impressed!" Sidon said with a happy smile. "I think it's so amazing that you single-handedly killed that beast, and while you were doing it you managed to protect Roverin and Rivan. I honestly just think you're so amazing!" The zora prince added.

Link just smiled a bit at him, Link didn't really like or feel comfortable enough to talk in front of all these people. He was back to his usual stoic and quiet self.