chapter number eight-fire

"We seem to meet often", the person stated,"Now you will tell me why you were not present in the great hall today".

Out of the darkness of the astronomy tower, at a height that still frightened me, came a guy but he was not alone. Behind him came a short girl with long hair, whom I could not recognize because of the darkness in which she was.She giggled softly and pulled the guy by the arm, turning him towards her and hugging him. He then pulled her toward him and now I could clearly see Assan and Mattheo in front of me. The light illuminated their hair, Assan who had blonde and Mattheo with brown were complete opposites.Just like the golden and dark ages.

I stood and watched, very strange, but I didn't know what to do at the moment. Until she spoke, "How do you feel, Calypso, we both noticed that you weren't at dinner today," she said in an unusually nice way. I was taken aback. I don't know how she knows me, we never talked and now she's suddenly worried about me and my best friend isn't.

Assan Cabot, a Ravenclaw student who was loved by almost every student. She was a pureblood witch who came from a highly respected family, fled to France during the war and returned here again for schooling. I always envied her demeanor, the love she always got from everyone. We didn't know each other,but still I nurtured something keen towards her. Assan was nice to everyone, I had no reason not to put up with her. Although, now that I see her in the arms of a person who supposedly can't love, a person who has never expressed his feelings in this way and especially not in front of someone, hatred for her formed in my heart.

"Um..thanks for the concern even though there's no need for it," I looked at Riddle, "Just a small headache."

I gave Mattheo one last look, a look of betrayal because even though the two of us can't stand each other, even though we're constantly in an argument..even though I wanted to hurt him, I can't bear to watch someone else hug him. I can't stand that someone other experiences his warmth, which I have longed for from the moment he saved me. I have denied myself that satisfaction, but it hurts me that someone else is standing so close to him.

I turned around and decided to go down the stone steps of the Astronomy Tower, if the unwanted encounter hadn't happened, I would have enjoyed the night, but this decision of mine to come here was antagonistic.

I go down the stairs, a strange feeling of acrophobia caught me and did not allow me to keep moving. Every muscle on my body stiffened, just one look down could finish me off and I don't know how I could get downstrairs. I have to do it. It was a strange moment, I don't remember how I even managed to get to the top of the tower.

I forced myself to go down, step by step, without looking down, and after a few minutes that seemed like hours, I managed to do it. I was so out of breath.

The walls made of stone, night extremely cold and I dressed in thin clothes, only now none of these things were a problem.I must have been standing in the same place for a few minutes, just standing there as my thoughts wandered and a strange feeling appeared.The same as a few days ago, a very strong feeling of power in my hands that I can't control. I think the scene made me cringe, a scene that made me feel a little jealous. .It hurts more than any fear, because you don't know what to do at that moment.

I didn't like this, uncontrolled behavior but it just wasn't in my power to prevent it.

"What are you doing so late in the hallway?", The piercing voice of the school guard, a member of the Death Eaters, echoed through the dark hallway. His voice was not enough to pull me out of the trance, not even his presence scared me.

"Did you hear me young lady, you mustn't-", he couldn't finish his sentence because I took out my wand and pointed it at him.

"I'm allowed to do whatever I want, did you hear me?" I snapped at him and he just stood frozen, "You don't want to mess with me, especially not when I'm angry."