Doorms

"I'm sorry..." Asami mumbled into Korra's chest.

"Once again, it's fine," Korra answered, but from how silent Korra was being, Asami knew that she was somewhat upset. Maybe not mad at Asami, but unhappy with the current situation.

Asami straightened her back to look at Korra, cupping her girlfriend's jaw and gazing deep into her troubled cerulean eyes. "I know I asked you to stay here, but if you're uncomfortable with it you don't have to..."

She tried to be understanding and supportive, even if she herself felt like she needed Korra around at least for the next couple of days. But she pushed that fear away, trying to not be selfish. However, the moment those words left her mouth, she knew she said the wrong thing, judging from the flash of hurt that went through her face.

"Do you... not want me here anymore..?" She asked quietly, in such a small voice that Asami immediately regretted suggesting it.

"I do want you here, more than anything, I just didn't want to pressure you," she was quick to assure, "I'm... terrified, okay? and you make me feel like my dad is in the most high security prison there is. And even if it wasn't for that, I'd still want you around because I love you. Got it?"

Korra smiled sadly. "She used to say she loves me too..."

Ouch.

"I'm not her," Asami said, pulling away, "do you seriously think that about me..?"

"No, no, I don't know why I said that," Korra shook her head, "I'm sorry, I think seeing Lyla again stirred up some old feelings."

Asami's heart sank, and thankfully Korra was quick to understand.

"Not those kind of feelings!" She called out, panicking. "God no! I just meant... I'm not feeling like my usual confident self right now... I don't know."

"Okay," Asami took a deep breath, "so do you still wanna stay here..?"

"Yeah, yeah, of course, " she assured with a somewhat weak, yet genuine smile. "I'd do anything to keep you safe Asami, even if it means seeing my ex a little more."

"I'm sorry," Asami said again, "I really had no idea..."

But Korra already waved her off. "It's fine, you wouldn't do that on purpose," she said, then her smile was shaken a bit, "you don't want to hurt me, right?"

Asami raised an eyebrow. "Did seeing your ex again also make you more suspicious by any chance?"

"I guess," she sighed, burying her face in her palms. "I'm sorry, logically I know that you love me, I guess I'll just need a lot of assurance for the next few days. I just... ugh."

"Sorry..." the pale girl mumbled.

"Stop apologizing, it's not your fault," Korra scolded lightly, "it's fine I'll- we'll get through this."

"Okay," Asami nodded, "I'll make it up to you."

At that, Korra suddenly smirked. "Oh? she asked in a suggestive tone."

Asami snorted. "Dork," she punched her arm playfully, "once a fuckboy always a fuckboy."

"You think you're insulting me? You're the one who fell in love with a fuckboy!" Korra laughed.

"Touche," Asami chuckled lightly, taking Korra's hand in hers and fiddling around with it a little bit. "Hey, can I ask you something?"

Korra hummed in agreement, lacing their fingers together.