Safe With Her

"Thanks for giving me a ride sweetie," Asami kissed Korra's cheek, "though I could've just taken my moped you know."

"Yeah, but I like doing nice things for you," Korra smiled, "just don't forget we're meeting with the krew later on. So pick you up at four?" 

"Perfect," Asami approved, "I'll see you later then."

"Have fun with your friend," Korra said softly, leaning towards Asami's seat to plant a quick kiss to Asami's lips.

"That's all I get?" Asami complained, sticking her bottom lip out in a pout.

"Ugh, fine," Korra said playfully, cupping Asami's jaw and leaning into a proper kiss this time, making Asami smile into it in satisfaction. 

"Was it that hard?" Asami teased.

"Ugh, so hard," Korra said with an up to no good smirk, "almost as hard as this d–"

Asami placed a finger on Korra's lips. "Shush, this was a sweet moment, don't ruin it."

Korra smiled apologetically, and Asami took that as an understanding, lowering her hand and pecking Korra on the lips.

"Bye, see you later," she smiled while opening the car's door.

"Bye! Love you!" Korra called after her.

"Love you too," she replied, closing the door behind her and crossing the half empty parking lot. Seriously, it was worrying how empty it was, other than a few cars, the place was utterly empty. If she hadn't already tasted the pizza the previous day, she would've been worried. 

"Yo! Sams!

She turned around to see Ela leaning against a really nice car, smirking.

Asami whistled, walking closer. "This yours?"

"Not really," Ela chuckled, "but I saw this car as an opportunity to impress and I took it."

Asami laughed, shaking her head. "Dork."

"Hey, I made you laugh, I count that as a win," she winked, pushing herself away from the vehicle, "so... pizza?"

Asami's face lit up and she nodded, making Ela laugh.

"You're too cute," she grinned, "c'mon, I'm gonna rock your world."

Asami snorted. "After you, idiot."

__________

"You weren't kidding when you said you liked pizza."

Asami blushed, looking at her almost empty plate. "Yeah, um..."

"Not like that," Ela rolled her eyes, "I was more referring to the way your eyes lit up with each bite. You had like, one and a half pieces at best."

"Oh," Asami blinked, "my eyes light up?"

"They do," Ela nodded.

"Huh, I wasn't aware of that," Asami said sheepishly. 

"It's adorable," Ela assured, leaning backwards.

"It's a good pizza," Asami grinned.

"Good company too?" Ela raised an eyebrow.

"Eh, you're alright," Asami teased, grabbing another piece and shoving it in her mouth.

"Just alright?" Ela pouted.

Asami sighed, shaking her head with a smile. "You are good company Ela," she assured, making the other girl smile, "I never had someone who... got me, the way you do."