Repressing

"Wanna have dinner with your parents tonight?"

Korra looked up in surprise. She was in the middle of tying her shoe and getting ready for work, and definitely wasn't expecting Asami to suggest they go off campus, given that she didn't leave campus except the one time she went to therapy. 

Asami was terrified of the outside, Korra figured that out already, but after the events of last night, Asami had to prove to Korra that she was okay.

"Did they invite us?" Korra asked, confused.

Asami shrugged. "No, but we haven't seen them for a while, I miss them."

"So you wanna go... to my place?" Korra repeated. 

"Yeah, I mean, why not?" I'm not scared. "Then we can like, stay the night? It is the weekend after all." I'm not scared.

"Are you sure?" Korra asked.

Not at all. "I wouldn't suggest otherwise." 

She felt bad for this white lie, but then she saw the way Korra's face lit up, and she decided it was worth it. Just this one time, to prove Korra that she has nothing to be anxious about.

"I'll talk to them, I'm sure they'll be happy to see us," Korra grinned, "I guess I've kinda been neglecting my folks."

"I miss them so much," Asami laughed, "been awhile since I had a home cooked meal."

"My dad is gonna make his grilled lobster when he hears we're coming," Korra said while texting her parents, "he'll be so excited!"

"I don't even like lobster..." Asami mumbled.

"Oh I told him that, grilled lobster means ribs now, he just calls it that for tradition, or whatever." Korra chuckled, shaking her head. "Stupid dad..."

Asami watched Korra making plans for a few moments, trying to calm herself down. Suddenly, she got a call and excused herself out, picking it up when she exited the dorm.

"Hello?" She said. 

"Asami." An easily recognized, terrifying voice answered on the other line, making her eyes widen and her breath still. 

"Dad?" Her voice shook. "H-how did you get this number?"

"Doesn't matter," he sneered, "we need to talk."

"I don't wanna talk," she whispered. 

"I'm not asking you! You need to come home right now, or I swear to God I'm gonna–"

She hung up. 

Not now, she won't freak out, she can't. Today isn't about her, it's about Korra, about her beautiful, anxious girlfriend. Not today.

She breathed deeply, trying to calm herself down just enough to look like it on the outside. Then, she walked in, flashing her girlfriend with a bright smile. "Did you schedule?" 

Korra smiled right back, nodding her head and walking forward to hug Asami. "You're the best Sams," she mumbled. 

"But that would be you," Asami answered.

"Who called?" Korra asked, curious.

"Oh, um..." how do I get out of this without lying?? "Don't worry about it."

She pulled back, looking at Asami in confusion. "Um, why did you say it like that?"

"Like what?" Asami asked innocently.

The Hit List: Justice for AsamiOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara