3 Days [Dread]

Kaneki couldn't look away from the twilight sky as he stood on his personal balcony. The distance down wasn't far, and the impact wouldn't be enough to kill him.

Of course the thought of ending his life had crossed his mind- this thought was far from being the first time. But maybe seeing a crimson color flowing from his head wouldn't be so terrible.

Wouldn't it ease the conscience of-

"Kaneki, oi!" Fingers snapped in front of his face, and soon Kaneki's vision focused again.

Anteiku was empty.

White pills still scattered the floor... except there was no longer a girl having a mental breakdown next to them.

It was him.

His body was drenched in a cold sweat and his eyepatch had slipped off awhile ago. Touka was across the cafe, barely able to hold a gaze with him, as she clutched her own bleeding arm and hid the tears threatening to spill over.

If they weren't tears of anger they sure as hell weren't tears of sadness.

Nishiki wasn't there, and Hinami was nowhere in sight.

It didn't feel like home.

The air had grown stale and the atmosphere was beyond unwelcoming. Kaneki's chest felt tight as if he had ran a marathon, and was on the verge of passing out and collapsing.

"Kaneki, who's Y/N?" Touka spat as her voice quivered. All of her energy had been drained and she wasn't sure whether she should've been threatened or petrified.

"Kaneki I can't accept you... I won't."

His heart clenched at the very sound of her name, because now he could remember.

Suddenly reality was a concept his mind could filter.

"I don't need you."

Y/N once was his, but he broke her beyond repair.

Kaneki could only stand there processing what was before him, as a feeling began to flow throughout his veins:

" I loved you."

Dread.