5 Days [Hurt]

"I know you," Y/N pointed an accusing finger at Kaneki, who didn't even know she was in the cafe. He nearly dropped his tray that was holding two steaming cups of tea.

He felt his heart drop, then speed up again as he saw an intimidating Y/N staring him down.

Does this mean she remembered?

"Kaneki... I remember when you had black hair, and a different haircut." Her face was focusing on his as she went closer and scanned it. "You also had a different eyepatch."

"Really?" Kaneki spoke with a shaky throat. This was the closest she had been to him in awhile -counting the days was a habit of his- and the urge to pull her in for a sweet kiss was beginning to become overpowering as well as overwhelming. "T-That's it?" He asked her.

Y/N placed her fingers over her lips as she thought, and a smile soon adorned her face.

"Pretty much," She laughed.

Her smile was enough to settle him. Kaneki bit his lip and attempted to hold himself back, but he could sense he was falling for her all over again. The glint in her eyes was the same, along with her optimistic attitude, and bright smile.

"Kaneki-chan you alright? You're tipping the tray-"

The cups clattered to the floor as Kaneki discarded them, and reached out to pull Y/N into a strong embrace. He could feel her heartbeat as they were pressed chest to chest. His other hand went to hold the small of her back as he tugged her closer.

"What are you doing..?" She mumbled into Kaneki's shoulder as she tried to unravel the situation in her head.

I don't know. Kaneki thought to himself.

~

"We have a problem." Touka spoke as she slammed the door behind Kaneki once he walked in.

Y/N was long gone back to her apartment -in a daze nonetheless.

Kaneki gulped when he saw Uta sitting on one of the nearby sofas, with his sunglasses sitting on the top of his head.

"About?" Kaneki asked as he casted his gaze back to Touka who had her arms crossed over her chest.

"Y/N," She answered almost coldly.

That's what Kaneki feared the topic would be about. "What about Y/N? I gave her a hug what's so wrong with that?" Kaneki asked getting a bit defensive.

"I don't know how to exactly say it..." Touka mumbled.

"She doesn't know about you." Uta finally spoke with a sigh. "Or me, or Touka, or Nishiki."

That didn't make sense. Of course she remembered and knew who they were... the only person she seemed to forget was Kaneki and their relationship.

"Kaneki she doesn't know we're ghouls." Uta said bluntly.

Even if Kaneki knew they could sense his pride, overall he felt,

Hurt.