6 Days [Anticipation]

He wanted to comfort her, but was unsure how to without screwing something up.

Y/N was at Anteiku, and order two large coffees, and managed to down them both within 30 minutes by herself.

Her exams were coming up, and Kaneki knew Y/N was a hard studier, so he wasn't exactly surprised to see her at her wits end prepping for her studies.

The only difference between the past and now was that past Kaneki would be there by her side, if she remembered who he was, and helping her study with flashcards.

But instead he could only watch as Y/N's dark circles got larger by each passing day, and her appetite got smaller.

Ever since he 're-met' Y/N at Uta shop's, she had yet to acknowledge him so all he could do was wait, but he had a valid reason.Recently, Kaneki had learned that with Y/N's condition -short-term memory loss- too much of any interaction could affect her brain.

To much reading.

To many emotions.

To much studying.

Heck, if Kaneki started talking to Y/N in that moment, and she suddenly remembered him she could possibly have a mental break down!

"Hey Touka, can you make Y/N eat something?" Kaneki asked Touka as she was passing him by. Even though he was speaking to her, his eyes were glued to Y/N. He couldn't help but admire the way the moon reflected on her hair through the window.

"Um, why can't you?" Touka asked, slightly annoyed.

"There are some of her favorite cookies in the pantry in the back, give some to her please." Kaneki urged again this time putting on a faint smile.

Touka grunted but obliged and headed to get the snack.

All Kaneki could do was watch and wait for the girl he loved to remember him.

He could feel the

Anticipation.