9 Days [Jealousy]

Kaneki couldn't believe it.

There she were, dazed and confused, sitting at a small window table at Anteiku with another man.

Kaneki knew she had short-term memory loss, so he was confused as to why the girl was sitting in a table, with him across from her.

Was it true that she had actually remembered everything but him?

"Are you going to serve them or just stare?" Touka teased Kaneki as she ushered him out of the tiny kitchen. He could only watched as she smiled at Hide for the tenth time and then laughed once more.

It was hurting him a lot more then he expected. As a ghoul, he figured that these feelings would get numbed, but the exact opposite was happening.

Everything was intensified.

For a moment, Kaneki was sure that a small urge was coursing through his blood to punish Hide for something Hide had no control of.

Kaneki's eyes flickered over to her gentle face, and he noticed that Y/N was biting her lip. It was something she had only done when she was attracted to someone... he knew that because she use to only do it to him. He remembered looking into her bright E/C everyday before going to sleep.

Now all he had left was the mere memory of and ghost of her, that sleeps beside him at night.

Steadily he made he way over to them both, and he couldn't deny the hope he had, that when he'd stop in front of the table, she'd turn to him and suddenly remember everything.

The countless nights they both had spent together, the dates, the romantic encounters and even the sad moments.

Anything.

Because even if she remembered the worst thing, there would be a hope that you would remember more and more.

Kaneki's light was burnt out, when her eyes flickered to meet his and suddenly a soft voice asked a question.

"Hide, who is this? A cute friend of yours?" She teased.

That's right, to her I'm no one. Just a stranger.

Hide gave Kaneki and apologetic look, but Kaneki knew he was anything but sorry.

A feeling arose that Kaneki hadn't experiences in awhile, not since he met Y/N a month ago.

Jealousy.